Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 15th Feb

Options
  • 14-02-2014 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Some good racing tomorrow. Have gone in on Merry King at 9s and 8s for the Grand National Trial at Haydock, really caught the eye last time to rally late on at the course over three miles, and on his only other start at Haydock was beaten a nose. AP back on tomorrow is a big plus, hopefully can run a big race.

Backed Venetia's in the one after it who can do no wrong at present. Suspicions are he is better than he has shown, shaped better than the result last time out when backed as if defeat was out of the question. Wil need to win well to get into the festival off a mark of 117 but he could prove better than that.

A risky one, but Dan Breen could be worth a few quid at 33s at Ascot, he runs well at the track and is seriously down in the weights. At least travelled better last time and he is the type that might pop up at a big price. Bourne is one I backed last time and I'll be heart broken if he wins tomorrow, always well punted he must be showing much better at home than a 125 horse.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Some good racing tomorrow. Have gone in on Merry King at 9s and 8s for the Grand National Trial at Haydock, really caught the eye last time to rally late on at the course over three miles, and on his only other start at Haydock was beaten a nose. AP back on tomorrow is a big plus, hopefully can run a big race.

Backed Venetia's in the one after it who can do no wrong at present. Suspicions are he is better than he has shown, shaped better than the result last time out when backed as if defeat was out of the question. Wil need to win well to get into the festival off a mark of 117 but he could prove better than that.

A risky one, but Dan Breen could be worth a few quid at 33s at Ascot, he runs well at the track and is seriously down in the weights. At least travelled better last time and he is the type that might pop up at a big price. Bourne is one I backed last time and I'll be heart broken if he wins tomorrow, always well punted he must be showing much better at home than a 125 horse.

Venetian at haydock in the sky blue and red silks are local owners.
    Picked both selections as you for ascot run. Bourne on same weight as he won 2 years ago so guaranteed a run.
    Dan breen is a surprise waiting to happen.
    Others o'faoilans boy over 3m is over priced Wilde blue yonder ran superbly while Alan kings yard were under a cloud.
    Highland lodge takes my fancy in the 3miler also. More to follow ;-)

Tomorrow will be a day full of winners I know this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Threw 15 each way on Dan Breen the more I look the more I think he could run a big race tomorrow. His form at Ascot over hurdles is very good, beaten less than a length November 2012 off this mark and then was third in the Ladbroke behind Cause of Causes off 135. Thomas Bellamy is a very good 7lb claimer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Alan Kings horses are in great form since the yard came out of a temporary break in operations. I think he might have one lined up for tomorrow in the form of two rockers at ascot, which has also an entry at haydock. Hope the racing survives the inspections otherwise could be a really boring weekend without any 6 nations to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Captain Chris should win handily enough tomorrow you would think. Class above the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

surpised that Celestial Halo is available at odds against in the Rendelsham, I'd have him priced around 4/6 maybe 8/13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:15 Ascot

Just a quick one for tomorrow at a decent price Dan Breen looked a good deal better last time out for most of the race and I get the feeling a step up in trip might just suit him. He is proven on the ground and had 3 very decent runs off around this mark in top handicaps last year. I won’t be having a normal size bet as I get the feeling he may well be heading for the Martin Pipe at the festival so it’s possible he won’t be putting it in tomorrow, but 33/1 is too big to ignore.

1 Point EW 33/1 Bet365

Increased Bet Thanks Urban..

aidankkk wrote: »

Just a quick one for tomorrow at a decent price Dan Breen looked a good deal better last time out for most of the race and I get the feeling a step up in trip might just suit him. He is proven on the ground and had 3 very decent runs off around this mark in top handicaps last year. I won’t be having a normal size bet as I get the feeling he may well be heading for the Martin Pipe at the festival so it’s possible he won’t be putting it in tomorrow, but 33/1 is too big to ignore.

½ Point EW 33/1 Bet365

I thought the same aidan but with a rating of 132 he isn't guaranteed to get in, one horse with that rating got in last year. If he won tomorrow he'd be guaranteed a run under a penalty, so effectively would be ahead of the handicapper. Think he might be trying

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I thought the same aidan but with a rating of 132 he isn't guaranteed to get in, one horse with that rating got in last year. If he won tomorrow he'd be guaranteed a run under a penalty, so effectively would be ahead of the handicapper. Think he might be trying

If he tries and is fully fit he wont be far away given his liking for this ground before.. Maybe i should make it 1 point EW, given that information.. I was only reducing my bet thinking he may want to go down another pound or 2. It doesn't look like that will be wanted..

I'm going to change it 1 pt EW, hopefully he does us both a turn.

Actually he wouldn't get in under a penalty it would just be whatever he gets put up. That said if he runs bad and is dropped 2 or 3 lbs he would effectively have no chance of getting in the race

Yeah would be nice even a place wouldn't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Rossom what you think of Cloudy Too tomorrow? He'll hardly beat Captain Chris but might run into a place?

• Advertisement

1 Point EW 33/1 Bet365

Increased Bet Thanks Urban..

Looks like we are on the train so...hopefully the good are produced! I've dutched with Bourne

Dan Breen Dan Breen Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

**** me Zarkandar is some price at 7/4 tomorrow in Wincanton. The biggest sweat will be seeing whether the meeting goes ahead or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Captain Chris should win handily enough tomorrow you would think. Class above the rest.

Evens.he's a great cover bet for the days racing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

**** me Zarkandar is some price at 7/4 tomorrow in Wincanton. The biggest sweat will be seeing whether the meeting goes ahead or not.

I fancy Melodic to turn him over 2mo, as I don't think Zarkandar will be fully tuned up to beat a good animal who likes the heavy ground in Melodic. Nichols will be all about Cheltenham with Zarkandar.

I've backed Melodic at 11/10 in a double with Captain Chris!

Another notable jockey booking. McCoy in Ian Williams horse as opposed to rebecca Curtis horse. Bobcatibility 5/1

2:55 Haydock Park

Rigadin de Beauchene
    was 2nd in this last year of the same mark and I don’t think jockey bookings mean anything here as this jokey has always been on him. He is on his seasonal reappearance but given proven trip and ground ability 16/1 is too big. Trainer couldn’t be on a better run than at the moment.

1 Point win 16/1 Ladbrokes/888/Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

I think Current Exchange is a great ew bet at 14-1 in the hunter chase at Haydock (5.05). Second in the race last year on similar ground and the horse that beat him went on to finish 3rd at Cheltenham. Had a nice spin round in a point a couple of weeks ago to put him right for this so I am hopeful of a big run.

3:50 Ascot

Captain Chris should win this with a bit in hand but seeing as I’ve ruled out the rest of the field here bar Medermit, who has a great record fresh , I’ll have to go with him at the current prices. When last seen he was really improving when a close 2nd and 3rd to Riverside Theatre when he was in his prime, and if he can run well fresh today he may be the only one in the field to trouble the fav.

1 Point win 14/1 BetVictor

3:50 Ascot

Captain Chris should win this with a bit in hand but seeing as I’ve ruled out the rest of the field here bar Medermit, who has a great record fresh running well here I’ll have to go with his at the current prices. When last seen he was really improving when a close 2nd and 3rd to Riverside Theatre when he was in his prime, and if he can run well fresh today he may be the only one in the field to trouble the fav.

1 Point win 14/1 BetVictor
    Come on Aido...that's clutching at straws :-) I was just thinking how badly priced he was last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Im Gonna Chance Wellforth again today 40-1 at haydock a very big price and hopeful of a better run than last time out. Sego success at ascot got a good mention by wayne hutchinson for haydock mccoy on board 7-1. Also think Irish Cavallier at 5-1 in the first at ascot is a fine price.

Hope Bog Warrior hacks up today

ste2010 wrote: »
    Come on Aido...that's clutching at straws :-) I was just thinking how badly priced he was last night

Possibly but i ruled out everything else so it is difficult not to have a punt on a 14/1 shot in a 2 horse race..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I fancy Melodic to turn him over 2mo, as I don't think Zarkandar will be fully tuned up to beat a good animal who likes the heavy ground in Melodic. Nichols will be all about Cheltenham with Zarkandar.

I've backed Melodic at 11/10 in a double with Captain Chris!

I respect his chance but he shouldn't be favourite. Last time he beat Ptit Zig getting weight, a week after PZ had a hard race in the Ladbroke, and in a race which wouldn't suit PZ (i.e. small field, 2 miles). He won by default and was a massive price that day. Now he's facing 2 animals of a different calibre. No way should he be 5/4 to beat both Zarkandar and Grumeti.

Possibly but i ruled out everything else so it is difficult not to have a punt on a 14/1 shot in a 2 horse race..:rolleyes:

Rolling aces :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Bog Warrior, Captain Chris Double. No great reasoning needed. BW may need the run but getting his conditions and can't be having Turban fav even if he's very unexposed. Captain Chris looks as good as ever, going right way round and swing in weights with RT. Dickie to hug the rail and win comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Malt Gem 4-40 Gowran was fancied the last day by connections fell when going ok 3 out not sure if it would have beaten the fav that day,would definitely have been in the shake up 4/1 9/2 in places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Zekarya runs again today fell last time out when travelling well and well suported in the market 7-1 3.00 gowran.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daliapour

I'm with prettyboy here....think Melodic is the one to be on today, only bet of the day for me and banker of the weekend!

• Advertisement

Think Jonjos in the first at market rasen tomorrow could be the banker if he takes to the ground

Advertisement