Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 15th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Zekarya runs again today fell last time out when travelling well and well suported in the market 7-1 3.00 gowran.

Nice spot. When money comes for his it's time to get on the crafty beggar

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Jumping on the Dan Breen train :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

**** it took a chance on the Warrior at 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭hawaii501

All aboard the bog warrior express. Has to be beating this lot even if it is his first run and 7/4 is well worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rockycelt

Really like Horatio Hornblower in the 3.30 @ Haydock. Looked a promising novice hurdler, but was off the track for 14 months before making a winning reappearance at Ffos Las two weeks ago.

Longer trip today, but last run didn't indicate this would be a problem. There definitely should be improvement, and I think he's well handicapped, as some of the others will struggle with the weight.

On at 9/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

My 4 fancies for today. Two rockers @ ascot, honeys joy at gowran, two singles and an ew double. Captain chris and mountain king ascot straight double. Small stakes for me today. Really looking forward to today's racing. Horses having prep runs in today's conditions can be beaten a long way, if your waiting on something for Cheltenham I wouldn't be put off by a poor performance in today's heavy ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Gonna have a small bet on Lookoutnow in 3pm Gowran today. He has course & distance form. His last run he didn't see out the trip & was racing up in class.

Back in trip today & only worry is he is carrying top weight in tough ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Lough Kent 3.15 Ascot and Glen Quest 4.40 Gowran. 2 singles and EW double.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

sonnky wrote: »
    Rossom what you think of Cloudy Too tomorrow? He'll hardly beat Captain Chris but might run into a place?

Could push Captain Chris if he takes another step forward but he's probably playing for a place at best.

Wouldn't be backing him and think he's a bit under-priced myself.

£450k purchase for this un temps pour tout in the first at ascot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Houblon Des Obeaux 4-1 2.40
    Wellforth 40-1 in 2.55 & Hawkes Point win
    Like Minded 8-1 3.15 win
    Kaylif Aramis 8-1 3.15 win
    Riverside Theatre 4-1 3.50

Pricewise selections

Our father 2.55 haydock
    Two rockers 3.15 ascot
    Kaylif aramis 3.15 ascot
    Cloudy too 3.50 ascot

O'Faoilains Boy might be a good RSA horse. Looks a dour stayer

ste2010 wrote: »
    Venetian at haydock in the sky blue and red silks are local owners.
    Picked both selections as you for ascot run. Bourne on same weight as he won 2 years ago so guaranteed a run.
    Dan breen is a surprise waiting to happen.
    Others o'faoilans boy over 3m is over priced Wilde blue yonder ran superbly while Alan kings yard were under a cloud.
    Highland lodge takes my fancy in the 3miler also. More to follow ;-)

Tomorrow will be a day full of winners I know this

Ding dong...all my winnings on dan breen :-)

Actually going to give see you at midnight a chance here

Come on Boggy

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

BumperD wrote: »
    O'Faoilains Boy might be a good RSA horse. Looks a dour stayer

I backed him there and was going to throw a few bob on him for the RSA before hand wish I had now. Have him trebled with like minded and merry king as well. Here's hoping ^^

Actually going to give see you at midnight a chance here

I knew today was going to be a money day...more to come ;-) experimentalist in wincanton ew next!

The joys of making mistakes..I doubled my stake by accident on see you at midnight because I thought the betslip refresh didn't work :-)

Tired fall from Boggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Bog warrior fall? Was close to baking the double with faller insurance given his previous. Ah well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Bog Warrior is not a chaser, and wants 40 mile.

The joys of making mistakes..I doubled my stake by accident on see you at midnight because I thought the betslip refresh didn't work :-)

Your defo in the money Ste....some Cheltenham war chest loot for your bank account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Surely the end of Bog Warriors chase career, never looks comfortable chasing and his head carriage looks all over the place. Another big win for O'Connell

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Surely the end of Bog Warriors chase career, never looks comfortable chasing and his head carriage looks all over the place. Another big win for O'Connell

Head carriage has always concerned me, though it was better today than last season IMO.

I should have known better than backing a horse off after a year but thought the rest were weak.

mr.jingle wrote: »

Hurdles over 3m is where he should be. I would have thought another entry in the world hurdle would have been the plan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Took 66s for the national during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

BumperD wrote: »
    Head carriage has always concerned me, though it was better today than last season IMO.

Was definitely more upward today but still looked to be low to me and then perking up as the fence comes up, there was a stage at the start of his career he looked like he was gonna multitask and eat the grass and jump at the same time!

Restless Harry for me in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Took 66s for the national during the week.

Hope it was NRNB, couldn't see him running in it. Ground would most likely be against him before you even take into account the fences.

Advertisement