Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Running Routes

Options
  • 14-02-2014 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any good running spots around Galway?

I usually run in Dangan and Merlin Woods. Willing to drive to somewhere just to break the monotony. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

You could try Renville in Oranmore, Prom in Salthill or the Ballybrit racecourse (you can park at the rear of stands).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

You could try Renville in Oranmore, Prom in Salthill or the Ballybrit racecourse (you can park at the rear of stands).

Ballybrit Racecourse; where can I run there? On the horse racing track?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

It's a popular spot for running. People run around the outer part of the track, there's a trail around most of the track (for vehicles) or you can run on the grass whichever you prefer. If you park near the stable area there's a gate you can hop over easily to get onto the track, that's where people tend to park if they're going walking/running.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Starting at the docks, towards the path behind the pitches at south park and mutton island before finishing the prom is a favorite of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Depends what part of Galway you're in. Ballybritt is a good option on the east side. I live in Knocknacarra and like to run around Tonabrocky. The prom is usually too congested to run on. I see people trying to jog there when it's busy and wonder how can they enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Depends what part of Galway you're in. Ballybritt is a good option on the east side. I live in Knocknacarra and like to run around Tonabrocky. The prom is usually too congested to run on. I see people trying to jog there when it's busy and wonder how can they enjoy it.

You could run from cappagh park down through barna woods to silverstand. Not too long but nice hill on the way back.

Usually in south galway so go running in Renville and coole park too. bit far out but both nice spots with plenty of routes

Advertisement