Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a bargain for dinner

Options
  • 14-02-2014 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working in Kevin St and was told about Gerrys in MOntague St(off Wexford St)

They do a dinner for 6.50, 2 courses for 8 and 3 courses for 9 all with tea or coffee.

The menu is good and the quality is very good.

I had kiev this week and it was real chicken :D

I never knew these places still existed but its worth a mention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Gerry's is an institution don't tell everyone or there wont be any room. Best value in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That is ridiculous! How are they even making any money off that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jimmii wrote: »
    That is ridiculous! How are they even making any money off that!!

Pile em high, sell em cheap. Few spuds boiled isn't too dear.

The breakfast in it is great...always busy...loads of Garda from around Harcourt street to be found in it during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gerry's is an institution don't tell everyone or there wont be any room. Best value in Dublin.

Maybe a mod should delete this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I'm working in Kevin St and was told about Gerrys in MOntague St(off Wexford St)

They do a dinner for 6.50, 2 courses for 8 and 3 courses for 9 all with tea or coffee.

What kind of food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hootanany wrote: »
    What kind of food.

What your mother would make.
    Good solid food

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I had the large breakfast there one day for lunch and found it good. Went back another day for the same but had to leave as I couldn't stand the smell of whatever they were cooking...

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Esel wrote: »
    I had the large breakfast there one day for lunch and found it good. Went back another day for the same but had to leave as I couldn't stand the smell of whatever they were cooking...

Have had similar experiences there myself - did not smell like food mind you

I think overall it is totally hit and miss in there

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

There's another really cheap eatery on Montague Street called Cafe Bliss. They do a starter and a main course before 7pm for €9.95. Even after 7pm, most main courses are under €10. The food is simple but tasty, and best of all, it's BYO and they don't charge corkage!

Have been there a good few times and no complaints. Most recently I went with a friend, we got an €8 bottle of wine from Fresh, we had 2 starters, 2 main courses and the bill came to €28 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Have any of you been to Cooper face Jack's for lunch?

It's 5 euro for a sandwich, FREE cordial, Free chips. FREE tea and coffee afterwards.

They also have a carvery the other side of the room. I just don't get how they are making their money.

Once you get over the fact you are sitting in the spot where someone may have puked the night before it's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's another really cheap eatery on Montague Street called Cafe Bliss. They do a starter and a main course before 7pm for €9.95. Even after 7pm, most main courses are under €10. The food is simple but tasty, and best of all, it's BYO and they don't charge corkage!

Have been there a good few times and no complaints. Most recently I went with a friend, we got an €8 bottle of wine from Fresh, we had 2 starters, 2 main courses and the bill came to €28 :)

Bliss is excellent, great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

WellThen? wrote: »
    Have any of you been to Cooper face Jack's for lunch?

It's 5 euro for a sandwich, FREE cordial, Free chips. FREE tea and coffee afterwards.

They also have a carvery the other side of the room. I just don't get how they are making their money.

that's cheap, whats the quality of the sandwich like?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

maryishere wrote: »
    that's cheap, whats the quality of the sandwich like?

Absolutely grand. Not as good maybe as O'Briens, better than Spar Deli. All in all depends what fillings I guess. You leave feeling like it was worth it, HATE being ripped off and still hungry afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

While you're on about Harcourt Street, i've heard there's a €5 all you can eat carvery in Diceys, not sure if thats a student offer but iv heard good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I found a better bargain than that. There is a place near Holles St Hospital that does a 3 course lunch plus tea & coffee for only 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I found a better bargain than that. There is a place near Holles St Hospital that does a 3 course lunch plus tea & coffee for only 3 euro.

???????

Advertisement