Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOMORROWLAND 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭SG8

endacl wrote: »
    Dancey beep beep bip bop boop. Series of blokes on a massive stage pressing <play>. Thousands of other people leppin' up and down. Probably glo sticks too.

Sexy bejeours too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

Hey guys new enough to this forum but anyway!! Goin to 1st weekend and wanna know what flights to book?? Obv going from thurs 17th to mon 21st. Should i fly to Brussels or Charleroi or Eindhoven or where lol?? Which is easiest to get to and from Boom?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What is the actual line up for this? No one seems to be talking about the music at all at this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

CRAZY lineup dude Diplo, Hardwell, Above & Beyond, New World Punx,Erol Alkan, Laidback Luke, Vitalic, Steve Angello, Netsky, Sven Väth, Bassnectar,Alesso, Carl Cox, Krewella, Nicky Romero, Eric Prydz, Loco Dice, Paul Kalkbrenner, Jamie Jones, Armin van Buuren, DVBBS, Sander van Doorn, Tiësto, Dave Clarke, Afrojack, Dillon Francis.
    Gonna be a crazy few days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

tonto24 wrote: »
    Hey guys new enough to this forum but anyway!! Goin to 1st weekend and wanna know what flights to book?? Obv going from thurs 17th to mon 21st. Should i fly to Brussels or Charleroi or Eindhoven or where lol?? Which is easiest to get to and from Boom?

I went via amsterdam and visited it for a few days before, then got a train down to antwerp and then another to boom on the thursday, Was a long journey overall,Others i was speaking of went to via brussells(not sure if it was as long). It all depends on whats the cheapest also so include train fares in your price break down and compare everywhere on google maps on distances.

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I went via amsterdam and visited it for a few days before, then got a train down to antwerp and then another to boom on the thursday, Was a long journey overall,Others i was speaking of went to via brussells(not sure if it was as long). It all depends on whats the cheapest also so include train fares in your price break down and compare everywhere on google maps on distances.

Would love to do this but cant because of work commitments.
    My current plan is as follows;
    Weds 16th july: Aircoach to friends house in Dub stay wit him for night.
    Thurs 17th : Aer lingus flight at 6:40am Dub to Brussels (€82). Get a train to Boom (Cant work out cost yet).
    Mon 21st: Train back to Brussels airport. Aer lingus flight to Cork (€89) Dont have to worry about torturous bus spin home from Dub then either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

CRAZY lineup dude Diplo, Hardwell, Above & Beyond, New World Punx,Erol Alkan, Laidback Luke, Vitalic, Steve Angello, Netsky, Sven Väth, Bassnectar,Alesso, Carl Cox, Krewella, Nicky Romero, Eric Prydz, Loco Dice, Paul Kalkbrenner, Jamie Jones, Armin van Buuren, DVBBS, Sander van Doorn, Tiësto, Dave Clarke, Afrojack, Dillon Francis.
    Gonna be a crazy few days!!!

More to added to the line up yet too.

djPSB wrote: »
    More to added to the line up yet too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkOutElCQAATWX1.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Still sick i didnt get tickets for this 2 years in a row now after going the year before :( I would nearly go and stand outside take a chance of getting leftovers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

That's only a tiny amount. They've 14 stages to fill, I've my timetable from last year and it's mind blowing. The smaller stages are the best ones. The same commercial ****e tracks are played on the main stage over and over again. will be my 3rd tomorrowland in a row this year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

df1985 wrote: »
    That's only a tiny amount. They've 14 stages to fill, I've my timetable from last year and it's mind blowing. The smaller stages are the best ones. The same commercial ****e tracks are played on the main stage over and over again. will be my 3rd tomorrowland in a row this year :D

I thought the line up looked a bit of a cheese fest last year although the Bloody Beetroots streaming set was on fire, it looked amazing. The line up this year looks a bit more eclectic or even edgy, Above and Beyond, Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, Derrick Carter, Diplo, Erol Alkin, Green Velvet, Jamie Jones, Jeff Mills, Paul Kalkbrenner, Richie Hawtin, Steve Aoki and Vitalic. If I had a ticket my weekend would be sorted with the above DJs and musicians.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I thought the line up looked a bit of a cheese fest last year although the Bloody Beetroots streaming set was on fire, it looked amazing. The line up this year looks a bit more eclectic or even edgy, Above and Beyond, Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, Derrick Carter, Diplo, Erol Alkin, Green Velvet, Jamie Jones, Jeff Mills, Paul Kalkbrenner, Richie Hawtin, Steve Aoki and Vitalic. If I had a ticket my weekend would be sorted with the above DJs and musicians.

The full line up is out now, tomorrowland looks cheesy as they make a big deal of the main stage and all the promotion makes it looks like Disneyland with all the fireworks, theming etc. But when you look at the lineup across all the stages it is literally something for everyone and the cheese is easily avoided. The lineup this year is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

anyone know how much the hotel packages were this year?

Anyone know if you can where soccer jerseys over there?

Not sure but probably not advisable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Silly idea regardless. Why would you want to?

Country jerseys Yes, Club jerseys might be frowned apon.

desultory wrote: »
    Silly idea regardless. Why would you want to?

Why is it silly? Its in the middle of the World Cup with thousands from different nations around the world.
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Country jerseys Yes, Club jerseys might be frowned apon.

Perfect I think the 4 of us are gonna get the same jersey with a dj on the back of it!

Perfect I think the 4 of us are gonna get the same jersey with a dj on the back of it!

There does be alot of that, Swedish jerseys with avicii/SHM* or hollands tiesto/hardwell jerseys.

*When i was there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Why is it silly? Its in the middle of the World Cup with thousands from different nations around the world.

Because it's just asking for trouble from people who may have a problem with the others. Best to avoid that by not wearing something which could instigate it in the first place.

But yeah fair enough, I never thought about country jerseys. Mind just automatically went to club jerseys.

• Advertisement

What's everyone expecting to spend there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jeff88448

what are the queues like getting in? I am going for one day on Friday 18th and will arrive at about 1pm. Also need to be in a pre-ordered taxi outside Tomorrowland by about 1am. Is it far from main stage to get out to car park? Pity I'm going to miss the end of Aarmin Van Buuren set.

Jeff88448 wrote: »
    what are the queues like getting in? I am going for one day on Friday 18th and will arrive at about 1pm. Also need to be in a pre-ordered taxi outside Tomorrowland by about 1am. Is it far from main stage to get out to car park? Pity I'm going to miss the end of Aarmin Van Buuren set.

AVB is on the Main Stage on friday and as far as i remember that it is a good bit away from the day entry gate. The main stage is alot closer to the camping gate so it will be a main stage to gate 20-25 mins(Working through crowds and all), Then another few mins to walk to the car park/taxi rank. When i was going in it was very efficient but that was from the campsite, I would assume it will be very busy for day ticket holders.

Anyone know if the bracelets arrive by courier or An Post?

djPSB wrote: »
    Anyone know if the bracelets arrive by courier or An Post?

Was wondering the same, mine has not arrived yet and getting worried!! Iv bought a 4 person easy camp pass. Does anyone know if 4 bracelets come in my case or what happens?

Was wondering the same, mine has not arrived yet and getting worried!! Iv bought a 4 person easy camp pass. Does anyone know if 4 bracelets come in my case or what happens?

Bought the same tickets.

Haven't arrived yet.

Anyone get their bracelets yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I hate you all. Bastards.

I hate you all. Bastards.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

6 days to go.