Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth issue?

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just wondering if I need to earth this lamp? I reckon I might and and looking for suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

hunkydory1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I need to earth this lamp? I reckon I might and and looking for suggestions. Thanks

yes, there is an earth symbol on the centre terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Thanks for your reply. I think I recognise it now. How to I earth it then?

Thanks for your reply. I think I recognise it now. How to I earth it then?

Are you saying there is currently no earth wire where you want to install the light?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Attach the yellow/green wire to centre terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Doom wrote: »
    Attach the yellow/green wire to centre terminal

Sorry I'm not great with practical things. Do I unscrew the centre screw and push earth in via left hand side?

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm not great with practical things. Do I unscrew the centre screw and push earth in via left hand side?

Yes from your photo it appears it goes under the centre screw, however as you say you are not great with practical things I really recommend you get someone who is to do it.

Mains voltages and currents are too dangerous. Nobody is able to do everything these days (e.g I never service my car, the mechanics are quicker, better and more importantly SAFER) accept that your skills lie elsewhere and at least get a competent friend to do it.

Advertisement