Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FeBREWary Beers - Saturday 8th March @ The Aeronaut, Acton

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Alright folks, I'll be phoning shortly to verify this but unless notified otherwise, Saturday night's expedition to the Pub Circus is on - see here for details.

The start time is listed as 8:30 pm but seating isn't allocated, so arriving earlier than that is advisable. Tickets for the circus are £8 and can be booked online (or, presumably, bought on the night) - I suggest everyone just buys for themselves, easier than trying to manage group bookings.

As ever, if you're coming along please let me know and PM me to swap numbers so I can let you know about any changes.

I've looked around for restaurants and can't find anything particularly interesting - however, I have eaten at the Aeronaut before and their food is decent, so I suggest that those who want food first just meet there earlier, say around 6:30 or so.

Original post:
    (Yes, I know the name doesn't really work, shush)

So we're overdue on the next Beers. I figure the end of February is as good a date as any. I'll have a think on venues/locations shortly - I'm tempted by the Aeronaut in Acton as it's got good space and tasty beverages & food, plus it apparently has circus shows on weekends!

As ever, vote in the poll for availability. I'm keeping the date selection narrow to make it easier to organise.

What date is best for the February/March Beers? 29 votes

Friday 28th Feb
    0%
    Saturday 1st March
    17%
    biZrbBrokenArrowsJack B. Badd83steWoolly_Jumper 5 votes
    Friday 7th March
    20%
    rainbow kirbyFyshBrokenArrowsJack B. Badd83steBrianderunner 6 votes
    Saturday 8th March
    27%
    biZrbPlayboyBrokenArrowsMisticlesJack B. Badd83steHow so JoeMint Aero 8 votes
    Other (post in thread)
    34%
    rainbow kirbyFyshPlayboyBrokenArrowsMisticlesJack B. Badd83steHow so JoeReekwindNika Bolokov 10 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    Ooooooh! I've just thought that if we are going to Acton, this would be a good opportunity to go to Heart of Gaming during the day beforehand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Other (post in thread)
    I'm away the weekend of the 28 Feb. So that rules that out, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other (post in thread)
    Reekwind wrote: »
    I'm away the weekend of the 28 Feb. So that rules that out, right?

I am around that weekend, but may be suffering from jet lag after returning from holiday. So the next one would be better for me, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Other (post in thread)
    I was gonna suggest FeBREWary.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    How so Joe wrote: »
    I was gonna suggest FeBREWary.
    :pac:

Thread title changed because that's clearly a far superior title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Other (post in thread)
    Can't say no to acton since its right on my doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Other (post in thread)
    Really must make these sometime. They always fall on the weekends that I go back to Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Other (post in thread)
    Is there going to be a Paddy's day beers the weekend immediately after the Feb beers if we decide on the 8th March? Would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity to celebrate it in the Swan with lots of boards folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Other (post in thread)
    Can't say no to acton since its right on my doorstep.
    But Acton is all the way yonder!

Saturdays would suit better than Friday dates tbh - either is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Other (post in thread)
    But Acton is all the way yonder!

Saturdays would suit better than Friday dates tbh - either is fine.

in that case I live near yonderland.

I enjoy a Friday night out. That leaves Saturday to recover and Sunday to do stuff.

• Advertisement

Other (post in thread)
    Right, the poll has spoken and Saturday 8th March it is.

I'll confirm whether the Aeronaut has the Circus on that night and make plans accordingly. They do decent enough food there if we're looking for grub, unless anyone wants to suggest somewhere else.

Heart Of Gaming is about a mile and half away from the Aeronaut, so I'm leaning towards having a pre-Beers exploratory expedition. Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Other (post in thread)
    Misticles wrote: »
    Really must make these sometime. They always fall on the weekends that I go back to Dublin :)

And again... I'll meet you eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Other (post in thread)
    Dear God(s) of boards beers please let me make this one !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭siobhanosaur

Sounds great since it's right around the corner from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Other (post in thread)
    Fysh wrote: »
    Heart Of Gaming is about a mile and half away from the Aeronaut, so I'm leaning towards having a pre-Beers exploratory expedition. Any takers?
    Funny how well that worked out, no?

I may be about for a spot of retro-nostalgia-geekery

Other (post in thread)
    Alright folks, I'll be phoning shortly to verify this but it looks like Saturday night's Pub Circus is on - see here for details.

Start time is listed as 8:30 pm but seating isn't allocated, so arriving earlier than that is advisable. As ever, if you're coming along please let me know and PM me to swap numbers so I can let you know about any changes.

The Aeronaut does decent food, but I'll also have a look to see what other options are available and update this post with details tonight. Ditto the pre-pub expedition to Heart Of Gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other (post in thread)
    Er, do we need to buy tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Other (post in thread)
    Looks like it's eight squids a ticket. That's what the website says anyways!

Other (post in thread)
    OK, a few extra details (first post will be updated shortly):

Tickets for the circus are £8 and can be booked online (or, presumably, bought on the night). It's not allocated seating so I suggest everyone just buys for themselves.

I've looked around for food places and can't find anything particularly interesting - however, I have eaten at the Aeronaut before and their food is decent, so I suggest that those who want food first just meet there earlier, say around 6:30 or so.

A text to track numbers etc will go out shortly - anyone interested in getting along to Heart Of Gaming earlier in the afternoon, please let me know :)

Other (post in thread)
    Just arrived at the 'Naut - have provisionally grabbed a table towards the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Just out of curiosity, is Acton getting the gentrification buzz at the moment?, used to frequent The Shebeen there ( showing my age ) and it was a bit of a s**thole back then.

Advertisement