Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, this is what I get at speedtest.net
    3306691333.png

How come it's so slow? It's supposed to be I believe 24mb/s and it's paid for. How come the broadband is so slow? It takes hours to load anything, even most simple websites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

3308094880.png

this is a new all time low, i didnt think it could be this bad...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

kajzer wrote: »
    3308094880.png

this is a new all time low, i didnt think it could be this bad...
    Disgraceful.... im with eircom in kildare and i get 6.6 download speed,I wouldnt pay for that rubbish your getting TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

3308119924.png

Mines slower than i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

3306691333.png

How come it's so slow? It's supposed to be I believe 24mb/s and it's paid for. How come the broadband is so slow? It takes hours to load anything, even most simple websites.
    Hi kajzer, where abouts are you in the country? I am getting the below. Normally it is between 4-5mb but today I noticed it was quite bad. I am in Kildare....are the problems Eircom are experiencing across the country to blame for this crap?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3310381234.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I am getting a terrible speed today too and am wondering has it got anything to do with the recent weather disruptions??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Alot of people on the Eircom.net forum saying the same. Of course when I rang technical support they had no info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Same here, up until yesterday I would be getting anywhere between 9 and 14 mbps, last night it dropped to .5, picked up a bit today but is now running at .4

0.4Mbps too, must be a major fault somewhere. Normally get 16/17Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Good, glad to hear it's not just me...

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

3306691333.png

Hi kajzer, where abouts are you in the country? I am getting the below. Normally it is between 4-5mb but today I noticed it was quite bad. I am in Kildare....are the problems Eircom are experiencing across the country to blame for this crap?

It's in Mitchelstown which is just approx. 60 km from Cork.
    It's terrible, they expect you to pay on time and you have to deal with this crap. I hope it's because of the recent storms and is going to be resolved soon...

• Advertisement

back to normal for me now... was same at this time last night tho

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Speed is pure crap here in NW Donegal

3315823682.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

3306691333.png

It's in Mitchelstown which is just approx. 60 km from Cork.
    It's terrible, they expect you to pay on time and you have to deal with this crap. I hope it's because of the recent storms and is going to be resolved soon...
    Hi kajzer

Are you still experiencing these speeds? Apologies for the delay but if you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look further in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement