Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA. Sony US18650VTC4 available from FT.

Options
  • 14-02-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

The battery to have on your subohm mech mods.

2100mAh, 30A drain limit.

2 for under €10.

Hope they're legit cos I just ordered 2.
    http://www.fasttech.com/product/1628900

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Pique wrote: »
    The battery to have on your subohm mech mods.

2100mAh, 30A drain limit.

2 for under €10.

Hope they're legit cos I just ordered 2.
    http://www.fasttech.com/product/1628900

Sold out already!

Thanks anyway, let us know if they look like the real deal when they arrive, I could do with a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

rickyjb wrote: »
    Sold out already!

Thanks anyway, let us know if they look like the real deal when they arrive, I could do with a couple.

I'm still waiting on despatch.
    The ETA for stock is tomorrow.

I've also ordered these which only have a 10A limit but for 2900mAh, I'll happily accept.

They also have these 3400mAh protected monsters (2.9A limit) but you should keep them in a VW mod jic.
    or these 3400mAh wih a 6A limit but better chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Hi Pique

any update on these batteries?

It's Fasttech. What more do I have to say.

They were 'restocking' for a couple of weeks after I ordered even though it said they were in stock when I ordered.
    Dispatched on 7th March according to FT.
    Tracking number for Malaysia post says it was only posted on Tuesday 18th Mar.

The wait goes on.

The Panasonic PD batteries were ordered the same day (14th Feb) and were sent to Dublin on 13th Mar.

So, if you're in a hurry, order elsewhere.

It's Fasttech. What more do I have to say.

They were 'restocking' for a couple of weeks after I ordered even though it said they were in stock when I ordered.
    Dispatched on 7th March according to FT.
    Tracking number for Malaysia post says it was only posted on Tuesday 18th Mar.

The wait goes on.

The Panasonic PD batteries were ordered the same day (14th Feb) and were sent to Dublin on 13th Mar.

So, if you're in a hurry, order elsewhere.

Back in stock, just ordered a couple.

I really need to stop ordering stuff from FT, it's just so bloody cheap!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I'm still waiting on despatch.
    The ETA for stock is tomorrow.

I've also ordered these which only have a 10A limit but for 2900mAh, I'll happily accept.

They also have these 3400mAh protected monsters (2.9A limit) but you should keep them in a VW mod jic.
    or these 3400mAh wih a 6A limit but better chemistry.

I have the 3400 mAh ones and they work really well, using them with a Tesla VW and most of the time I just swap it every 24 hours
    bargainvapour.com have them on sale still at 11.49

Where does it say that the 3400 mah panasonics only have a 6A limit? I thought they have a 10A limit and I've been using 0.5 ohm coils...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Where does it say that the 3400 mah panasonics only have a 6A limit? I thought they have a 10A limit and I've been using 0.5 ohm coils...

Panasonic's specs state a max discharge of 2C = 6.8A. The protected version tripped at 6.7A over on lygte-info.dk.

Crap, even with a 0.6 ohm coil I've pretty much been at or over the limit with a fresh battery. Am I just lucky that it didn't explode in that case? I haven't noticed it getting hot or anything.

I have the unprotected version btw.

Found it in the comments on the flat-top version of the same battery
    https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1141100/t/1004767/discharge-rate

Looks like the pulse max is 12A.

Even so, a fully charged battery (4.2V) on a 0.5ohm coil is pushing 35W @ 8.4A.

You're on the edge of safety there, dude. If your resistance drops to 0.3 (or if your ohm tester isn't spot on) you're at 14A.

I'd get the Sonys if I was you, just to be on the safe side, or just use a regulated mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Crap, even with a 0.6 ohm coil I've pretty much been at or over the limit with a fresh battery. Am I just lucky that it didn't explode in that case? I haven't noticed it getting hot or anything.

I have the unprotected version btw.

Nah, you've just been creeping towards it's pulse discharge limit. 12A @ 5-6 secs long.

Found it in the comments on the flat-top version of the same battery
    https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1141100/t/1004767/discharge-rate

Looks like the pulse max is 12A.

Even so, a fully charged battery (4.2V) on a 0.5ohm coil is pushing 35W @ 8.4A.

You're on the edge of safety there, dude. If your resistance drops to 0.3 (or if your ohm tester isn't spot on) you're at 14A.

I'd get the Sonys if I was you, just to be on the safe side, or just use a regulated mod.

That's exactly why I ordered them, I want use dual twisted coils which would be 0.25-0.3A .
    grindle wrote: »
    Nah, you've just been creeping towards it's pulse discharge limit. 12A @ 5-6 secs long.

So as long as I only take drags that are 5 secs long or less my face won't be melted, sounds good to me biggrin.png Think I'll switch back to the efests for the time being until the VTC4s arrive from our friends in China. Sometime in May or June probably.

Well hallelujah!
    The VTC4 have arrived.... 2 months after ordering.

Now, are they legit? Well they look exactly like the pic on the FT site but here's a couple of close ups.

If anyone can decipher the QR code, let me know, cos I couldn't

Better pic of the full writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I have a few of these on the way as well .

All the reviews are good ,1 guys says he's using them with.15 builds with no worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

They're the real deal. FT are pretty honest when it comes to batteries. I got 2 vtc5's today, ordered on the 22/3...shockingly fast for Malaysia post. My only regret is not ordering more!

BTW, 5% discount code for batteries and chargers at FT is BLF

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    BTW, 5% discount code for batteries and chargers at FT is BLF

Now you tell me! Lol

Sorry, thought it was mentioned here before.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Sorry, thought it was mentioned here before.

haha no worries. It's not as if they're expensive.
    2 x Sony VTC4 18650 from FT = c. €8.60
    1 x AW 18650 from an irish site = €16.50.

I'll wait for Fasttech!!

• Advertisement

Yep, I love the way FT test the actual mAh rating of some of the suspect brands.

Advertisement