Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Heckler wrote: »
    Some lineup next week. Will Smith, Hugh Jackman, David Beckham and music by Noel Gallagher.

Any idea who the blonde chick is that's also on next week. Marla/Marlo?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any idea who the blonde chick is that's also on next week. Marla/Marlo?

Watch the wolf of Wall Street and you'll never have to ask yourself that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,325 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Playing catch-up on tonight's show... yawwwwwwwwn.

Gawd it's bad.

Cannot believe there was not a single comment for the Julianne Moore/Cuba Gooding Jnr/Michael Flatley/yer man with the awful mullet show - I thought that was one of the better ones this season. (Only caught up on that tonight as well)

Last week's one, I thought Stephen Mangan was never going to get a word in edgeways at all, and Julie Walters was never going to stop chomping on liquorice sticks and picking her teeth - it was mildly funny for the first five minutes, but the whole show long? :confused: Had never even heard of Jamie Dornan before about last week, but thought he came across very well on the show, seemed to be mildly embarrassed by all the fuss, which I would applaud loudly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

anna080 wrote: »
    Watch the wolf of Wall Street and you'll never have to ask yourself that again!

From the still photo they showed, she looked a bit like Jamie presley from My name is Earl.

I wasn't familiar with the name tbh and shame on me because I actually had seen the wolf of wall st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Some lineup next week... music by Noel Gallagher.
    Hope he's interviewed too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Some lineup next week. Will Smith, Hugh Jackman, David Beckham and music by Noel Gallagher.

As long as Smith doesn't bring his insufferable son with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This talk show airs on BBC America over there

They edit the shiite out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlie19 wrote: »
    From the still photo they showed, she looked a bit like Jamie presley from My name is Earl.

I wasn't familiar with the name tbh and shame on me because I actually had seen the wolf of wall st.

Yes Margot does look like her, she started out in Oz soap Neighbours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

It's a great show. I think my two favorites are the snoop dogg one and the bill murray one. Great entertainment.

For once I get to tune in (almost) live - am I all alone?

I'm not even a particular fan of Will Smith, but he's awfully funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

What has happened to David Beckhams face. Its all puffed out as if he's on steroids?

What has happened to David Beckhams face. Its all puffed out as if he's on steroids?
    He's still a fairly fine thing!

Maybe like the rest of us he's just kicking back and getting (slightly) old?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Yeah. But look at his eyes, they are sunken right back into his skull, you can hardly see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As long as Smith doesn't bring his insufferable son with him.

Needs Carlton to dance

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    For once I get to tune in (almost) live - am I all alone?

I'm not even a particular fan of Will Smith, but he's awfully funny!

Will Smith is a wonderful guest and he really enjoys being on the show. He's super nice! Margot kind of got left out though.

I love David Beckham. He was my childhood crush and the reason I became a Man United fan but sheesh, he's hard to listen to!

Hugh Jackman is just deadly. Himself and Will Smith on the couch at the same time would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm completely in love with Margot Robbie so was gutted when she left early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Really good episode tonight, much better than last week which nearly put me to sleep.

My highlight was Graham asking David does Victoria have a say in all the different looks he has and the audience not believing him lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Will Smith is a wonderful guest and he really enjoys being on the show. He's super nice! Margot kind of got left out though.

I love David Beckham. He was my childhood crush and the reason I became a Man United fan but sheesh, he's hard to listen to!

Hugh Jackman is just deadly. Himself and Will Smith on the couch at the same time would be class.

I thought Will Smith kind of stole the limelight there, he jumped in when Graham asked Margot a question and that's why she was left out. Looking at the gap between them on the sofa, looked as if she wasn't particularly comfortable.

But love Hugh Jackman, and though he can be hard work, I thought David Beckham was great when he warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is this repeated tonight??
    Raging I missed it!

youngblood wrote: »
    Is this repeated tonight??
    Raging I missed it!

On right now on UTVI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

Just watched the Cuba Gooding Junior/Snoop Dogg/Elle McPherson show.I am not a fan of this show but I thought it was really excellent.
    Cuba Gooding Jnr.'s breakdancing was the best part.Also Snoop Dogg was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was disappointed with this week's show, which I had been looking forward to...

Noel Gallagher should've been on for a lot longer, and I had thought that Will Smith and Margot Robbie would've been on the couch alongside Hugh Jackman and David Beckham so that was a let down (although I realise it had to do with scheduling or whatever), and no visit to the Big Red Chair...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed.. thought it was poor.

Anytime there's a pre-recorded interview, it always just leaves the show a little disjointed.

Also was a bit irritated at Graham's 2 questions to Noel ("hate videos? hate album title?") since Jonathan Ross asked him the same 2 questions in a longer interview back in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I'm not liking the new format where the couch is cleared halfway through, think it's better when there's a pile of guests in the studio at once, tends to create a sort of party atmosphere. Poor Margot couldn't get a word in and I have to agree with whoever said her body language betrayed discomfort. Will Smith tends to take over a bit. Though I did laugh at him emulating Margot's parents eating popcorn whilst watching her get nude in the film. :D In other news, Noel Gallagher is aging better than David Beckham. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I'm not liking the new format where the couch is cleared halfway through, think it's better when there's a pile of guests in the studio at once, tends to create a sort of party atmosphere. Poor Margot couldn't get a word in and I have to agree with whoever said her body language betrayed discomfort. Will Smith tends to take over a bit. Though I did laugh at him emulating Margot's parents eating popcorn whilst watching her get nude in the film. :D In other news, Noel Gallagher is aging better than David Beckham. :)

I don't think the clearing the couch thing will be a regular thing. They just do it when they have big sets of stars like the 4 last night. That bit was prerecorded too.

I don't think the clearing the couch thing will be a regular thing.

It's happened a fair few times already, probably up to five times this season. Hope it doesn't become a more regular thing.

It seems like they get so many quality guests wanting to appear on the show (primetime, huge audience, fun show that can reflect well on the guest) that they don't to say no to any of them and so the show is beginning to feel a bit superficial (short, rushed interviews, less time for spontaneous "craic") and cluttered. Better to have fewer guests and have them all on for the whole show, but I'd say they are under pressure to have them all on to promote whatever they are promoting. It's a shame because it's detrimental to the show, IMO.

In other news, Noel Gallagher is aging better than David Beckham. :)

Blasphemy.

Blasphemy.

He is though. :)

He is though. :)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that!

• Advertisement

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that!

Indeed! I'm not referring to looks though, Noel never was and never will be a beaut. But skin-wise and generally not looking puffy and bloated-wise, Noel wins!

Advertisement