Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was disappointed with this week's show, which I had been looking forward to...

Noel Gallagher should've been on for a lot longer, and I had thought that Will Smith and Margot Robbie would've been on the couch alongside Hugh Jackman and David Beckham so that was a let down (although I realise it had to do with scheduling or whatever), and no visit to the Big Red Chair...

Yes Noel on earlier with Hugh and Becks would have been good

I think Noel looks much hotter now than he did in Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Noel looks much hotter now than he did in Oasis

I think he's one of those people who always looked older then they were, but now he looks his age, he's grown into his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,325 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's only on about five minutes (in my recorded world) and I'm laughing already.

This Comic Relief thing seems to consume the UK for months at a time (was there a time when it was just one Friday night? I'm sure that's what I remember) so I tend to suffer from CR fatigue - but I'm looking forward to this, looks like a right good line-up (in my best Cheryl/Jonny Vegas accent) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Great having a bunch of comedians (...and Cheryl but meh) on the couch together. I usually wouldn't be gone on any of them individually (except Jack Dee) but it's going well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Could Cheryl feck off to ITV2 or wherever

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Could Cheryl feck off to ITV2 or wherever
    I don't know how far behind the "live" show I am, but she's just started talking and I have to say I'm with you on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cheryl Cole is minus-talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fair play to her for dying her red for comic relief.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Was it? Not very dramatic! Id pay to keep her off the air!

Charlie19 wrote: »

Oh FFS! I thought it was something that was going to be done live on TV next Friday or something. That was it? :confused: Big effort there, Cheryl......

The utter cynic in me listens to David Walliams going on about how much the money has helped that boy in Kenya, and how much difference CR has made over the years, and the frankly frightening amount of money that has been raised - and I wonder how long it will be before some "accounting error" or "creative financials" or mega-salaries for the admin staff or CEO, or just straightforward criminality on someone's behalf does for it all, and we (they) all realise we/they have been duped yet again.

I really hope I'm wrong!

• Advertisement

And also - Cheryl who??? :confused::confused::confused:

Ye probably didn't like the joke about the lentil either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Birneybau wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole is minus-talented.

I'm watching the recording, but Cheryl VW is an ass & not i'm not talking about that tattoo! i've also noticed on the prog info that she's not mentioned on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Jack Dee clips from Big Brother were great. I had forgotten about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

efb wrote: »
    Was it? Not very dramatic! Id pay to keep her off the air!

Was it Jack or Johnny that had a dig at her, saying 'Is that it, i've seen roses redder than that' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Jack Dee clips from Big Brother were great. I had forgotten about that.

Hard to believe that the first CBB was 14 years ago now... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stanley Tucci, Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse are on tonight's returning show

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I thought Stanley was going to wet himself at one point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Feck it, forgot it was on tonight. Is it worth catching the ep when it's on 3e/replayed somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

ShazGV wrote: »
    Feck it, forgot it was on tonight. Is it worth catching the ep when it's on 3e/replayed somewhere?

Yeah, Harry and Paul are on form and Stanley is flogging a cookbook. You can see his tip in it. You'll see what I mean. And it looks like GN has bagged himself a part in Vikings.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »

UTV Ireland have it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Tucci always good guest, new kid at 54, he married Emily Blunt's sister

I didnt think it was a good episode at all, I actually thought it was a repeat at one stage.

Decent music at the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The years have not been kind to Harry Enfield.....he now looks like one of his own 'old git' characters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

sonofenoch wrote: »
    The years have not been kind to Harry Enfield.....he now looks like one of his own 'old git' characters

Well, he does play a pervy old git (Jack Whitehall's fictional dad) in Bad Education - so I'm guessing he knows this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I have to say I have always thought Norton to be utterly talentless, forging a successful career purely from an overplayed "camp " persona. His stilted interviewing technique, often displaying little knowledge of his subjects and (scripted) "witticisms " reveal a lack of depth and insight common to many of the current -day hosts in the chat show genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

chicorytip wrote: »
    I have to say I have always thought Norton to be utterly talentless, forging a successful career purely from an overplayed "camp " persona. His stilted interviewing technique, often displaying little knowledge of his subjects and (scripted) "witticisms " reveal a lack of depth and insight common to many of the current -day hosts in the chat show genre.

He's easily the best talk show host in the UK & Ireland. Most of the American big stars who appear on his show say it's the best talk show they have been on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

chicorytip wrote:

I think it might be a bit too low brow for you.

Newsnight reruns may be more up your street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

We must be watching different shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Said only one person ever.

Advertisement