Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

That model one is annoying to look at.

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Have to mute Jack Whitehall everytime he opens his gob. Headwrecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

tinpib wrote: »
    Have to mute Jack Whitehall everytime he opens his gob. Headwrecker.

Really? I think he's great. Bad Education is brilliant - one of the best British comedies in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

Really? I think he's great. Bad Education is brilliant - one of the best British comedies in recent years.

Wow, I would very much be in disagreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya, I found what he was saying yesterday to be very weak and predictable, before I muted him. Although he did say one funny thing, I can't remember what it was though.

I also got the impression that he was constantly interrupting last night and was too attention seeking. I know comedians are going to be doing this in general but there is a difference between a witty interjection, like let's say what Paul Merton does on Have I got News For You, and taking over and being obnoxious.

At one stage the way they way it was edited together Graham goes 'Anyway, Louis...[or maybe Ewan]' it sounded like they had cut out Jack interrupting someone AGAIN.

Amy Schumer was interrupting a lot a couple of weeks ago too but maybe just less than Jack and subsequently was less annoying.

As I say I guess you stick a comedian on that sofa and it is likely to happen.

I saw Jack Whitehall do Stand Up in 2010 in Edinburgh, part of a group of comedians late on a Friday night, all he did was shout and roar his weak material at a manic pace.

The crowd loved it.

I think you can add comedians to the list of religion and politics to not bring up at dinner parties/dates. It divides people and everyone has strong opinions because, well, everyone is right.

Except this time, Jack Whitehall is a pox :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Bad Education is good, but think Fresh Meat is much better. He is also brilliant on A League Of Their Own on Sky 1.

Wasn't a great Graham Norton show last night, as Lewis Hamilton is fairly boring. Ewen McGregor was ok, but for me Jack Whitehall was the only one that made it anyway enjoyable. Though Rita Ora was a bit of fun when she came on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I wonder when Lewis will step out of the closet.
    I thought Rita's awful biker jacket might have been taken off during the song. She looks like she'd be a good one to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What does Rita think Graham is, not a fella :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought that was pretty funny as well when she said that. I never watch the show fully though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lewis is a bore,but Jack kissing his arse was worse!
    Every time Ewan is doing interviews it always reverts back to star wars,heard him do a few stories now but at least it was new story.

• Advertisement

Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain and Peter Capaldi will join Graham when he returns on September 25 with The Weeknd performing his song Can't Feel My Face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain and Peter Capaldi will join Graham when he returns on September 25 with The Weeknd performing his song Can't Feel My Face

Thank god it's coming back. After Friday nights late late show I definitely need entertainment and not misery to start my weekend.

Thank god it's coming back. After Friday nights late late show I definitely need entertainment and not misery to start my weekend.

Tom Hardy is on Alan Carr this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Tom Hardy is on Alan Carr this Friday

In promoting his new kray twin movie. Mixed reviews about it. Will still watch it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Last week's Tubridy was probably about as good as it gets due to the lack of b-rate actors, airhead celebs, boybands and managers, boyfolk and RTE canteen people plus less mentions of loving babies and what do you think of Ireland. It was by no means a great show either. It will go downhill in the coming weeks: I can see that extended Niall Horan interview, more promotion of all things boyband and boyfolk and that debate with Ian 'I hate Islam' O'Doherty v Bob Geldoff on the refugee crisis!

Norton's show in general is above average (he has some poorer shows naturally too but overall his are decent and many excellent). It is good to have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Norton's show in general is above average (he has some poorer shows naturally too but overall his are decent and many excellent). It is good to have a choice.

I think the one thing that always set Graham Norton far and above any other chat show for me was having the guests out together. It just gives it that unique flavour. You can have a great guest on any chat show but as they're usually there to flog something, it's always by the numbers and almost formulaic. Put them next to people you'd never associate them with and it just kicks off.

It helps that Graham Norton is such a great host too and is interested in the guests. Hosts like Jonathan Ross always seem more concerned with being the better attraction.

I love Tom Hiddleston

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He has the most divine voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I love Tom Hiddleston
    Is that the ex-Spurs player who's with Hull City now?

Is that the ex-Spurs player who's with Hull City now?

Loki from Thor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

He was getting fairly awkward trying not to describe his fans as crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It was a decent enough Kettle impression tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

There were some awkward moments with Robert De Niro, this is one of those things were he's ill at ease. But all in all it was a good show. De niro isn't really comfortable with the chat show thing, but he was a lot better than he was the first time he was on so he seems to be relaxing into the whole thing. Thats a massive compliment to Graham norton that he has been able to do that. Could you imagine Bobby D on the late late show..........man that would be car crash stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think the one thing that always set Graham Norton far and above any other chat show for me was having the guests out together. It just gives it that unique flavour. You can have a great guest on any chat show but as they're usually there to flog something, it's always by the numbers and almost formulaic. Put them next to people you'd never associate them with and it just kicks off.
    Which how it used to be much more the case back in the day with Gay Byrne's Late Late and Parkinson etc. At some point in the 90's the single guest at a time thing kicked off. I suspect at the behest of publicists who didn't want their "star" being sidetracked by other better guests. Norton gets away with this I think because he's very careful to give all the guests equal time and doesn't let one run away with the show.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Wibbs wrote: »
    Which how it used to be much more the case back in the day with Gay Byrne's Late Late and Parkinson etc. At some point in the 90's the single guest at a time thing kicked off. I suspect at the behest of publicists who didn't want their "star" being sidetracked by other better guests. Norton gets away with this I think because he's very careful to give all the guests equal time and doesn't let one run away with the show.

The Late late would be a far better place if they reverted to that format

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Wibbs wrote: »

In general maybe but there's been nights where Norton has had A list movies stars on and the rest of the couch barely gets a look in. Usually happens when a guest arrives in the middle of a show after a premiere or whatever. Yes the others get their spoke in beforehand but can be very sidelined after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Jack Whitehalls career is a triumph of nepotism. His dad is a high powered agent with the right friends in the right places. Jacks brother Barney is a BBC producer now aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anyone see this last night? Never seen the whole show turned into an ad before. And how itchy was Daniel Craig's nose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

pwurple wrote: »
    Anyone see this last night? Never seen the whole show turned into an ad before. And how itchy was Daniel Craig's nose?

Pretty poor episode, didn't feel like any of them really wanted to be there. Craig in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Was watching the Chris O Dowd interview last night. Man he is one funny guy! Hilarious about the photo frame prank with his kid, and his wife taking Bradley Cooper's fork!

Advertisement