Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They've all been pretty good up to last nights one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

pwurple wrote: »
    Anyone see this last night? Never seen the whole show turned into an ad before. And how itchy was Daniel Craig's nose?

Did you not see the one with Madonna who was there only to promote her "Edward and Mrs Simpson" movie where she was as pleasant as a bag of the cats and the actor and actress in her movie/labour of love were frightened to speak about anything with her around; that was uncomfortable viewing.

Daniel Craig is well known as a poor interviewee and Christoph is obviously not comfortable in English.

Graham Norton really did a good job of making so many jokes out of nothing in that episode. He is worth his wage.

Do they want to be there? Probably not but that is part of the contact for the movie; we pay you millions to make the movie AND PROMOTE IT.

Daniel Craig did lie about not doing anything purely for money. When they were launching the new Range Rover he got a million for a few minutes work.

Graham Norton show is sold in to dozens of markets with high viewership; If you want to promote a movie outside of the U.S. you absolutely want to be getting the stars of the movie appearing on the Graham Norton show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dying to see if Maggie Smith (of whom I'm a HUGE fan) lives up to the hype tonight.

I'm fascinated (in a slightly agog way) at Sienna's heels - how on earth do you walk in those? or stand, even?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,863 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the film burnt, why was it made? who cares about some self important chef?

what did Bradly say to Sienna at the very end?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish all the guests were the couch together including Bieber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Maggie Smith's first television interview in something like forty years and she was great - such a lady and a brilliant sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On tonight show...

Kate Winslet
    Michael Fassbender
    Julie Walters
    50 Cent

Musical Guest
    Ellie Goulding

On tonight show...

Kate Winslet
    Michael Fassbender
    Julie Walters
    50 Cent

Musical Guest
    Ellie Goulding

50 and Julie were flirting shamelessly :p

He has a special with Adele too this week

M

On tonights show...

Tom Hanks
    Peter Capaldi
    David Walliams

Music from Duran Duran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Aww, Norton/Hanks will have to work hard to save this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭griffin100

Hanks is a legend. Gotta feel sorry for Capaldi and Walliams, he just stole the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

griffin100 wrote: »
    Hanks is a legend. Gotta feel sorry for Capaldi and Walliams, he just stole the show.

Walliams usually takes over so its v nice to see him put in his place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭griffin100

youngblood wrote: »
    Walliams usually takes over so its v nice to see him put in his place!

My wife was saying she'd never seen him so quiet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Tom Hanks is always great, if only all the A-list guests were as game as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Guess everyone will be watching the LLS toy show but for others so inclined there's a good lineup on Norton tonight.

Daniel Radcliffe
    James McAvoy
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Johnny Depp

Radcliffe and McAvoy promoting a new Frankenstein film and Cumberbatch and Depp promoting Black Mass.

Being the night thats in it I might just catch the GNS on youtube tomorrow !

Good show. Had Depp and Cumberbatch on seperately to McAvoy and Radcliffe. The Coors looked stunning if a bit flat chested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Would have been better if they'd left Johnny backstage and had Cumberbatch on with MacEvoy and Rear of the Year.

Depp didn't seem like all lights were on tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    does he not realise he has to subject everyone else to his colourful teeth not himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Johnny Depp is well boring. Would've been a much better show if Cumberbatch had been on at the same time as the two lads, who were great. Good to see The Corrs back performing (I met Andrea in Lillie's last year, giving it socks on the dancefloor - very sound altogether. Used to have a big crush on her when I was younger).

Look back at earlier interviews. as in years back. Its just how he is.

Johnny Depp is well boring. Would've been a much better show if Cumberbatch had been on at the same time as the two lads, who were great. Good to see The Corrs back performing (I met Andrea in Lillie's last year, giving it socks on the dancefloor - very sound altogether. Used to have a big crush on her when I was younger).

Apart from being good looking the Corrs are one of the most offensive inoffensive bands ever. Look up bland and see a pic of the Corrs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Agree with previous posters. The 'Batch was totally wasted. Depp should have just stayed in his hotel room. Even Graham couldn't get anything out of him.

McEvoy and Radcliff were the only saving grace of the evening.

lily tomlin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

translate "Depp" from German to English and see what you get.

I thought Sia was Lady Gaga, she is getting better and less afraid of interviews now, more confident

Good to see Kurt Russell on the couch too shame Quentin didn't show up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I thought Sia was Lady Gaga, she is getting better and less afraid of interviews now, more confident

She fits the market niche for people who desire someone to sound exactly like Lana Del Rey & look like Lady Gaga.
    Good to see Kurt Russell on the couch too shame Quentin didn't show up
    I actually think it was better for not having Quentin.

He can be ok, but often can be a humourless dick.

you know she didn't hide her face for the first ten years of her music career

• Advertisement
    M

Tonights guests...
    David Beckham
    Carrie Fisher
    Daisy Ridley
    John Boyega

Musical Guest

Kylie Minogue

Advertisement