Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Olivia Colman is such a scatter head but funny and likeable

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just saw Matthew on the One show. What a difference? Much better interviewers and he was far more relaxed. There was still a slight speech issue. Graham could do with some lessons from Alex and Matt on interview skills!
    I thought they were absolutely dreadful... they didn't know how to take his often-dark sense of humour. Coming back from a piece on the late Roger Lloyd Pack.. Alex said something like "that teaches you to live life to the fullest" to which he jokingly said "I disagree!" and she replied panicked with "REALLY?". He then had to tell them he was joking.

Those two from The One Show are two of the most false and un-natural interviewers in the UK in my opinion. Can't compare with Norton who's a natural!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

This Friday:

Will Smith
    Ryan Reynolds
    Catherine Zeta Jones
    Toby Jones.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Will Smith really has a habit of making sure he's involved in every conversation taking the attention off the person being talked about. It's getting a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Will Smith really has a habit of making sure he's involved in every conversation taking the attention off the person being talked about. It's getting a bit annoying.

I get the feeling he's had a few scoops just before this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

He wants a pie thrown in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The forced laugh and constant need for attention are incredibly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

The bloke on the end of the couch hasn't got a look in:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    The bloke on the end of the couch hasn't got a look in:o

The couch doesn't work well with 4. Much better with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Was there 9ne conversation in the whole show that he didn't try take over ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Was there 9ne conversation in the whole show that he didn't try take over ?

Just rewatched it there (family hadn't seen it) and the answer is no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Why did Will Smith say to the Joneses that they'd have to work a bit harder at selling their film in the African American community? It got a big laugh but I didn't get it. Was it something to do with how their film was so quinesentially English? If so, then it should surely need to be sold harder to any Amercian. Or was he just being his usual obnoixous, over-confident self?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why did Will Smith say to the Joneses that they'd have to work a bit harder at selling their film in the African American community? It got a big laugh but I didn't get it. Was it something to do with how their film was so quinesentially English? If so, then it should surely need to be sold harder to any Amercian. Or was he just being his usual obnoixous, over-confident self?
    Essentially that he'd never heard of the TV series.. and why would he to be honest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ryan Gosling Reynolds was funny though. I liked his comeback to the Canadian version of Oggie, Oggie, Oggie!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ryan Gosling Reynolds was funny though. I liked his comeback to the Canadian version of Oggie, Oggie, Oggie!

Ryan is great and so happy he finally has Deadpool coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what did Ben Affleck do to his face is it just over trimmed eyeborws or botox or what saw him on kimmel a couple of times recently and he looks so wierd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

what did Ben Affleck do to his face is it just over trimmed eyeborws or botox or what saw him on kimmel a couple of times recently and he looks so wierd

He looked normal until he smiled, he looked really strange every time he did so. I couldn't focus on anything else, I initially thought he was trying to hide his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Afaik, new show next Fri with the stars from the film, i saw him last on Kimmel's Oscars after show, he came on in a large sumo suit & then turns out to be Matt Damon hiding in it, cos it looks like Kimmel+Damon fell out?

As i'd heard Damon earlier on the red carpet saying he's really gonna do the show afterwards:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I thought he looked botoxed alright.

He seemed younger while being visibly tired at the same time.

Afaik, new show next Fri with the stars from the film, i saw him last on Kimmel's Oscars after show, he came on in a large sumo suit & then turns out to be Matt Damon hiding in it, cos it looks like Kimmel+Damon fell out?

As i'd heard Damon earlier on the red carpet saying he's really gonna do the show afterwards:confused:

there were on norton last night, the Matt Damon thing is a running joke between him and Kimmel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

I thought he looked botoxed alright.

He seemed younger while being visibly tired at the same time.

Definitely botoxed

there were on norton last night, the Matt Damon thing is a running joke between him and Kimmel

I didn't realise that it was already on, but caught the repeat on UTV Ireland tonite, wow that's some work done on Affleck, very noticeable eyebrows or lack of them :rolleyes:

Is it just me or is Henry Cavill dull & boring, as he didn't come off great in this interview, i hear he was 2nd best to Bond & Twilight, it may have worked out better for him as J-Law was 2nd best for Bella!

The red chair was funny this w/end, poor Janice from Minnesota :D

Cavill just seems to have no charisma, couldn't see him as Bond ever

Affleck came across nervous to me, maybe he had some face work done as his marriage broke up and JGar looks great

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cavill just seems to have no charisma, couldn't see him as Bond ever

Affleck came across nervous to me, maybe he had some face work done as his marriage broke up and JGar looks great

Also some quotes i came across in the paper regarding his wealth, came across egotistical, i bet didn't help his charisma much :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Kevin Costner is no Peter Ustinov i.e. not a Raconteur but he has stories to tell.

I didn't realise there was an Office/Ricky Gervais movie out?

Wasn't much fun tonite & no red chair either :(

Eric Bana is so hot even with grey hair

Helen Mirren looks great for her age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I hope mirren doesn't get a part in the next fast and furious. I've never liked her in any film.

that clip showed the worst of ricky gervais

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Too many A-listers flogging their films that episode though. 3 is the perfect number, you don't get enough time hearing from them all otherwise, tinier soundbites than usual.

Definitely. Three guests per show, with enough time for a few red chair stories, makes for the best eps, I reckon.

The worst are when they have two separate sets of guests on and split the show in two. Ruins it for me.

Advertisement