Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    None of them are funny

I enjoyed Sam Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Big Turd

Ah nice one, you reminded me to check for that film he was promoting.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sam Neill was brilliant but it suffered from having too many guests. John Bishop got asked around 3 questions during the whole show.

Why was Danny DeVito on late and last, was he at a premiere?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I can't listen to Nortons laughter anymore....it used to be mildly annoying now it's become overbearing

All I can hear is Cumberbatch's impression when he laughs..
    @6:52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

siblers wrote: »
    Sam Neill was brilliant but it suffered from having too many guests. John Bishop got asked around 3 questions during the whole show.

3 too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Decent tonight,Graham is still best in the game in my book.Chris o Dowd drunk by the end of it?That joke he said about Amy seemed out of character even tho I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Smashing cleavage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

O'Dowd is locked. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Plucking the same two chords ad nauseum does not mean you can play the guitar... Just stop pretending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

That was brilliant red chair story.

Roar wrote: »
    O'Dowd is locked. Hilarious.

Yes he was buckled by show end, the looks Renner was giving him when he was talking was funny

Two cords work for Oasis but I left for a few mins when he played even tho I thought he surprised me as a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

That was hard to watch. Cringe.

That was hard to watch. Cringe.

The whole show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

The whole show?

Chris O'Dowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

meeeeh wrote: »

That's about the 5th different version of that I've heard over the years. Used to be photographs of the bride and the best man stuck to underside everyone's chair and so on.
    Generally like O'Dowd, but I'd agree with the poster who said it was cringeworthy. Niall surprisingly good guest.

Overall, I think Norton edged it over tubbs who had gay byrne's wife on for some bizarre reasonðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Chris O'Dowd.

What was cringy about it? He seemed to be enjoying himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Chris O' Dowd is painful. It takes him so long to say what he's saying with a million "you know?"s thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thought it wasn't bad, good to see the red chair return.

• Advertisement

What was cringy about it? He seemed to be enjoying himself?

If you found yourself sitting beside someone that is as annoying as he was last night in a pub you wouldn't be long moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jeremy Renner was pretty much ignored for the majority of the show, after he spoke about the film he was promoting, I don't recall him being asked a single question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Cant seem to be able to get this on youtube this season. Have they clamped down on it? Or did it take a few weeks in other seasons for it to appear as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Think Utv Ireland show it on Sunday night.

Was Lady Gaga suppose to be on last Friday?

lertsnim wrote: »
    If you found yourself sitting beside someone that is as annoying as he was last night in a pub you wouldn't be long moving on.

Dont get this at all.He had a few good jokes and was drunk for the joke towards Amy at the end.Is it just you dont like anyway,if so fair enough but he was far from annoying.

Dont get this at all.He had a few good jokes and was drunk for the joke towards Amy at the end.Is it just you dont like anyway,if so fair enough but he was far from annoying.

No it's not because I don't like him anyway. I liked him in IT Crowd and also enjoyed Moone Boy and on other talk show appearances he didn't annoy me. I just thought he was an insufferable twat on the Graham Norton Show this past Friday. It's nothing personal, just an opinion.

lertsnim wrote: »
    No it's not because I don't like him anyway. I liked him in IT Crowd and also enjoyed Moone Boy and on other talk show appearances he didn't annoy me. I just thought he was an insufferable twat on the Graham Norton Show this past Friday. It's nothing personal, just an opinion.

Fair enough.Thought he was funny my self,twat a bit harsh even if you didnt like him.Anway who the guests for next week,did he even say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

meeeeh wrote: »
    Glenbhoy wrote: »
    That's about the 5th different version of that I've heard over the years. Used to be photographs of the bride and the best man stuck to underside everyone's chair and so on.

Agreed, total urban myth. I've heard variants of that story a good few times over the years. And it's always the groom getting revenge on the bride, for some reason.

Think about the logisitics. Even with exact place settings put down, people often do switch seats. It'd be lucky to have all the right people in all the right places. He could have picked a more believable number. And usually people are just assigned a table, not a seat. And the hotel staff would have to be instructed to put a red dot plate at the right settings or the groom sneak into the dining room and do it himself. And, really, would someone really be able to go through with the ceremony, knowing what they know? An annulment is still hassle to obtain. How did it come out that she slept with all those men? Would he really be able to keep it secret that he knew before the wedding day?

Sorry to ramble on, but it annoys me when people try to pass an urban myth off as something that actually happened to them! It's not the first time that has happened in the red chair either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Chris O'Dowd was a little bit cringe but compared to Mark (knobhead) Whalberg he was George Clooney coolness levels.

Advertisement