Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭yoppy

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

quickbeam wrote: »
    On the plus side, Fassavoy was entertaining.

McBender seems more apt for the route for this fan fiction coupling, no?

bobbyss wrote: »
    What I don't like about the GN Show is that it seems to me that the same guests seems to crop up all the time. McAvoy was on recently enough with that tall singer from Wicklow (he sings Church can't remember his name). Skinner always seems to be on it. Jimmy Carr and that O'Dowd comedian. They are always there. I can understand the regularity of repeating the same guests in Ireland where the talent pool is so much smaller but for goodness sake the UK is a much bigger pool so as not to have the same people always on.

The O'Donovan brothers were simply embarrassing. It was their accents more than anything else. They were like a fish out of water on the show. Their talent is rowing. McAvoy asked them a question and I don't even know if they answered it or they just ignored him. They came across as rude country Paddy bumpkins.

In fairness to Norton, if he were not Irish there is no way they would have been on the show. Maybe it were best that they didn't.

Why were their accents embarrassing?? Strange comment. Strong maybe for some (I am from other side of the country and find their accent as coherent as anything and not that strong tbh), you don't like it maybe (perogative), but embarrassing?? hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Why were their accents embarrassing?? Strange comment. Strong maybe for some (I am from other side of the country and find their accent as coherent as anything and not that strong tbh), you don't like it maybe (perogative), but embarrassing?? hmmmmmm

Dont mind him, who gets embarrassed by an accent. Complete troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Rfrip wrote: »
    I must be the only person in Ireland who just doesn't get the love for those two. No idea why they warrant a guest spot on the show tbh

I like them well enough but I've just caught up with the show and I don't really understand why they were there, as I suspected I would. Firstly, a silver medal isn't too impressive to Brits after their great Olympics and I don't think they would have really been bothered about the niche Irish humour either. The interview was just a bit awkward and perplexing. Only Michael Fassbender looked somewhat interested of the other guests. Over on the Digital Spy forums Graham Norton thread, people didn't seem too impressed either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

siblers wrote: »
    The one thing I would say about the "cool story bro" comment..it was an awfully dull story. Dunno why Graham even brought it up
    ...it's a chat show?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kinda get what siblers was saying.. it felt like a story with no point..

.. I've no doubt they would have cut it if it wasn't for the "cool story, bro" comment and McAvoy's biting comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Sams squirrel

Whats the story with yer mans hat?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Wondered that as well, so checked Wiki which says:
    Porter always wears a modified flat cap for public appearances. In an interview with Jazzweekly.com by George W. Harris on November 3, 2012, when asked "what's with the weird and wonderful hat?" Porter replied, "I've had some surgery on my skin, so this has been my look for a little while and will continue to be for a while longer. People recognize me by it now. It is what it is."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Gosling is pretty cool and Emma Stone is cute as a button.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Sams squirrel

Heckler wrote: »
    Gosling is pretty cool and Emma Stone is cute as a button.

Gosling was very careful at the begining, wasn't saying much and was very choice what he did say. First time i'd seen him on a chat show, I was thinking how does he get into movies? But he got going then and yea, good character.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thought Gosling was fairly boring tbh. Even when he'd a good story to tell, he told it so monotone and looked like he didn't want to be there.

The other three were good, though Stone was particularly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

quickbeam wrote: »
    Thought Gosling was fairly boring tbh. Even when he'd a good story to tell, he told it so monotone and looked like he didn't want to be there.

The other three were good, though Stone was particularly great.

Theres an older episode with Greg Davies telling a story. Gosling is in bits laughing at it. Worth checking out for the story alone !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXGpUR7fXA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Theres an older episode with Greg Davies telling a story. Gosling is in bits laughing at it. Worth checking out for the story alone !

Greg Davies makes everything better.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gosling definitely looked disgusted that the singer admitted to illegally watching LaLaland, I was actually very surprised myself that the guy told that story.

Good singer though.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Gosling definitely looked disgusted that the singer admitted to illegally watching LaLaland, I was actually very surprised myself that the guy told that story.

Good singer though.

:confused::confused: No, he didn't! He just reacted in his usual stiff placid manner! I doubt he gave a cr*p!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I've cried laughing all over again watching that clip. :D

Emma Stone is cute as a button.

Yeah, she seems lovely and not half as fake as I think Jennifer Lawrence is with her "fun, normal girl" act!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Charlie19 wrote: »

Good singer though.

Wonder if he'll get into trouble for saying it

• Advertisement

Wonder if he'll get into trouble for saying it

By who?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yeah, she seems lovely and not half as fake as I think Jennifer Lawrence is with her "fun, normal girl" act!

Agreed. I find Jennifer Lawrence a bit tiresome anytime she is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

By who?!

The police?

By who?!

The police?

So how is that going to materialise..... First of all the guy is American, second of all...actually, there is no point of me going on here !!
    Are they going to raid his house, seize his laptop.....

I'm interested!

So how is that going to materialise..... First of all the guy is American, second of all...actually, there is no point of me going on here !!
    Are they going to raid his house, seize his laptop.....

I'm interested!

The US has a extradition treaty in place

Not saying he will be absolutely extradited but look at what's been happening with Julian Assange and the hackers

Oh Christ. ....!!

Oh Christ. ....!!

It probably won't happen but never say never

I think anyone appearing on the show has immunity from prosecution for anything said on the show

"Probably won't"...?

It won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

"Probably won't"...?

It won't.

It's surprising they didn't edit it out... More likely the BBC might get its knuckles rapped for allowing a reference to movie piracy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

bobbyss wrote: »
    What I don't like about the GN Show is that it seems to me that the same guests seems to crop up all the time. McAvoy was on recently enough with that tall singer from Wicklow (he sings Church can't remember his name). Skinner always seems to be on it. Jimmy Carr and that O'Dowd comedian. They are always there. I can understand the regularity of repeating the same guests in Ireland where the talent pool is so much smaller but for goodness sake the UK is a much bigger pool so as not to have the same people always on.

The O'Donovan brothers were simply embarrassing. It was their accents more than anything else. They were like a fish out of water on the show. Their talent is rowing. McAvoy asked them a question and I don't even know if they answered it or they just ignored him. They came across as rude country Paddy bumpkins.

In fairness to Norton, if he were not Irish there is no way they would have been on the show. Maybe it were best that they didn't.

Embarrassing for you is it? there's always been athletes on that program from all over!

What about McAvoy's 'Wallies' comment fell on deaf ears, kinda embarrassing, no?
    Seems tonight's episode is just about the red chair. Aka, a montage episode. Could be good. Could be bad. I'll give it a chance.

I was wondering if yer man with the story on the best man & bride!

Here is the last time Emma was on, hilarious:

& this is the one with Mel C:

it seems that the spice girls have been popping up, crashing interviews on her!

Advertisement