Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Just came across thread, it started 3 years ago with the bill Murray episode.

So tv3 should be playing the bill Murray episode any day now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Just came across thread, it started 3 years ago with the bill Murray episode.

So tv3 should be playing the bill Murray episode any day now.....

In fairness TV3 are right up to date. The Friday episode is played on the Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

In fairness TV3 are right up to date. The Friday episode is played on the Saturday and Sunday

Really? I tuned in about 6 months ago, they had Bradley cooper on talking about his new movie coming out called "The Hangover".

Fair enough they most likely play the up to date episode when the season is on, but for the off season, do they really have go back Years and years? Total joke imo

Really? I tuned in about 6 months ago, they had Bradley cooper on talking about his new movie coming out called "The Hangover".

Fair enough they most likely play the up to date episode when the season is on, but for the off season, do they really have go back Years and years? Total joke imo

Its TV3, otherwise known as Deja Vu 3 or RepeaTV3!

But it has plenty of in demand programmes so let them at it with the repeats! I don't mind watching the old GN Show repeats. A lot of them I wouldn't have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Its TV3, otherwise known as Deja Vu 3 or RepeaTV3!

But it has plenty of in demand programmes so let them at it with the repeats! I don't mind watching the old GN Show repeats. A lot of them I wouldn't have seen

Between TV3 & 3e, they do show a lot of repeats, but repeats of the old GN shows are probably better to watch than this seasons show.

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    Between TV3 & 3e, they do show a lot of repeats, but repeats of the old GN shows are probably better to watch than this seasons show.

And the new channel "Be3"!

And the new channel "Be3"!
    Yeah that one too, they all blend into one load of gameshows & repeats really...i'm sure that GN episode was on all 3 since it 1st went out on BBC last Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Stevecw wrote: »
    Yeah that one too, they all blend into one load of gameshows & repeats really...i'm sure that GN episode was on all 3 since it 1st went out on BBC last Friday!

It useta be on Utv Ireland now be3 on a Sun nite, now BBC1 show it, well that's when i caught it, as i saw the last 10m of it, b4 next prog & had noticed they had an extra clip at the end as a tribute to Carrie Fisher, it wasn't included in Fri's as i had it taped.

But TV3 always had the rpt the next day, UTV I on a Sun & usually the Beeb had it on Mon nite late.

But yeah, that Bill Murray ep was funny, as that was the one with Matt Damon & Bill & yer man from Downton Abbey, drinking champagne outta that singer's shoe, while she lay across them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr. Sheeran has got cocky

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought he was funny, especially at the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thought it was a good show, all of the guests were laid back and no one took over too much or was too loud. Was a bit of a Ed Sheeran Show but wasn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Josh Widdicome was a bit annoying at times, got the feeling Ed Sheeran wasn't overly impressed with him. Also found that Christina Ricci struggled to get a word in at times, few times where she would speak but was either cut off or she wasn't heard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Josh is always annoying on Graham's show. He's like a spoilt child looking for attention over the big name guests rather than accepting he is there as the token comedian like most of the other '3rd person on the couch' guest do. He should take a look at John Bishop to see how it's done properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

It was funny .

Mcconnaughy said to Josh "are you getting laid tonite" as a retort and Josh never let up about it in a narky way.

I didn't think much of Mcconnaughy as a guest either

Bishop isn't funny anymore

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Josh is always annoying on Graham's show. He's like a spoilt child looking for attention over the big name guests rather than accepting he is there as the token comedian like most of the other '3rd person on the couch' guest do. He should take a look at John Bishop to see how it's done properly.

I find him annoying sometimes on The Last Leg too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You were going well up to the point you mentioned John Bishop!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

blade1 wrote: »

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying John Bishop is funny :D I was just pointing out he is a good 'third' guest as he doesn't have delusions that he is there for any other reason!

Having said that, I find him a bit more interesting now he seems to have branched out from 'comedy'...

blade1 wrote: »

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying John Bishop is funny :D I was just pointing out he is a good 'third' guest as he doesn't have delusions that he is there for any other reason!

Having said that, I find him a bit more interesting now he seems to have branched out from 'comedy'...

I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy listening to Bishop rather than a fair amount of these "celebrities" Most of the latter come prepared with exaggerated little set up stories that make them appeal such great personalities but truth is it was a pretty unmemorable couch this week. Ricci and McConaghey (and I like both of them) seemed to be going through the usual promotional motions and Ed Sheeran was just his usual down to earth self. At least the other guy, as over enthusiastic as he was for airtime livened the show up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Did need somebody like Joss to liven it up, and him getting mistaken for sheeren an odd time kind of made him a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I thought he was decent to be honest. Most of the time these A list Hollywood actors are not actually that interesting bar a few exceptions. They are just fawned over because they are super famous.

• Advertisement

I thought he was decent to be honest. Most of the time these A list Hollywood actors are not actually that interesting bar a few exceptions. They are just fawned over because they are super famous.

Precisely. Case in point is the usual hyperbole comparison of LLS guests v Graham Norton guests as if because they live in Hollywood Hills and are more wealthy they are naturally on a different planet and more entertaining compared to guests LLS attracts. People don't even watch both shows before making that judgement.

It's a completely different format of a show, comparing them wholly is silly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Josh was the most genuine person on the show last Friday night imo, I'm not the biggest fan of his comedy and his voice does grate on the ears after a while but I like his self deprecating wit, the other guests were not very entertaining.

PS John Bishop and the other 2 from the last leg are shockingly unfunny, and should be ashamed to call themselves comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Graham won big at the NTAs on ITV earlier tonight. He won the Special Recognition Award at the ceremony.

It was a great tribute by the stars & the speech by Graham was great too. Fair play to Graham on winning the award. :)

Trainspotting T2 cast and director on for a special this week

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Trainspotting T2 cast and director on for a special this week

For me that's a no. have no real interest in this 20 years on. Much rather a mix of guests as always. Won't be bothered watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I lost all love for Ewen McGregor this week after throwing a tantrum over Piers Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭griffin100

Entertaining but wtf has Robert Carlyle done to his face.

griffin100 wrote: »
    Entertaining but wtf has Robert Carlyle done to his face.

His face looks quite puffed like he had work done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭griffin100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    His face looks quite puffed like he had work done
    Botox and a face lift from the looks of it.

Advertisement