Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Miranda fooking Hart on again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just caught the last 15m on BBC1, yeah i fear Capaldi doesn't want to get typecast as Tennant has done a few memorable shows since then.

Although CApaldi had said this was his dream job since he was young, but i fear maybe he's put too much into the show & one of the reasons it wasn't on tv, was his operation on his leg or the low ratings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah, unusual from Graham to actually try yet alone include in the final cut, that awful questions segment. Not sure why he thought that would be good as it came across a bit patronising and something you'd see on a really bad teen show to fill time.

Average enough episode and next week doesn't look too much better in paper.

Most episodes over the last 2 years have been very average, it seems to have lost something. Back a few years ago, I couldn't wait to see it every Friday, now i couldn't care less if I miss it. Still have it on series record, but got bored during so many last season, i just fast forward thru some guests or stopped watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight...
    Brendan O'Carroll
    Rob Brydon
    Vicky McClure

Music

Harry Styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tonight...
    Brendan O'Carroll
    Rob Brydon
    Vicky McClure

Music

Harry Styles

I like that couch! Should be funny and light hearted! 3 down to earth "celebrities".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

One Direction lad Harry butchering a song. I'd turn over but I'm waiting for the red chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

gizmo81 wrote: »
    One Direction lad Harry butchering a song. I'd turn over but I'm waiting for the red chair.

Still waiting eh ?

No Red Chair :(
    Still waiting eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Very average fare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Very average fare

It was. Something missing this last while, I thought that could have been a good line up but it was mostly fairly stiff and regular. Like Parkinson used to be.

Graham's just going through the motions I think. Maybe he's not enjoying it any more himself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

In fairness, apart from Rob Brydon, anyone would have a tough time getting excited about that lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

In fairness, apart from Rob Brydon, anyone would have a tough time getting excited about that lineup.

And I didnt think even Rob Brydon looked too excited about that lineup either.

They say that GN drinks a lot,he certainly looks it.Maybe it's affecting his show.

Was that a cover song last nite,i thought it was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was that a cover song last nite,i thought it was quite good

Yeah, it was a cover version of a song i hear my neighbours cat singing sometimes!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

If they aren't Hollywood A listers i think people are disappointed. Maybe Graham feels the same.

snowflaker wrote: »
    If they aren't Hollywood A listers i think people are disappointed. Maybe Graham feels the same.

Precisely! Personally I thought the three of them and even dull 'Arry worked well together!

A bit cosy, I guess but wasn't forced and fake with ever repeated and rehearsed anecdotes or going through the motions presence you get from "Hollywood stars and the like"!

Brendan O Carroll should do more of these shows, extremely quick witted. It would be interesting to see him on a panel comedy show!

Doesn't need to though, seems to be comfortable just doing MBB's at the minute, and why not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Apparently BOC getting slated over what he said about the tattoo guy.

People getting up on their high horse over a comedian making a joke. Have they never watched Graham Norton?

pilly wrote: »
    Apparently BOC getting slated over what he said about the tattoo guy.

People getting up on their high horse over a comedian making a joke. Have they never watched Graham Norton?

Just seen it! The state of it! BOC just saying the truth! He is a comedian reacting to it in a joking manner also, his game is to be a bit controversial and crude, it would have been contrived for him to say how much he loves his fans etc!

I will say it again..............Get a f'king life!!

?width=289&version=3353048

Another thing, I bet they are fake temporary ones! I know there are "super fans" but I am pessimistic about this one. The fact the "fan" hasn't had any publicity would indicate that it isn't real

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Styles song very like one of David Bowie's

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Anyone else think Harry Styles is a knob?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Styles song very like one of David Bowie's

As Yoda would say "Should not ever you David Bowie and Harry Style's music compare"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Precisely! Personally I thought the three of them and even dull 'Arry worked well together!

A bit cosy, I guess but wasn't forced and fake with ever repeated and rehearsed anecdotes or going through the motions presence you get from "Hollywood stars and the like"!

Brendan O Carroll should do more of these shows, extremely quick witted. It would be interesting to see him on a panel comedy show!

Doesn't need to though, seems to be comfortable just doing MBB's at the minute, and why not.

Just caught up last night, and I enjoyed it.

I thought the trio on the couch worked well together, and I agree, it didn't seem forced, just a good laugh between the three of them and Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight...
    Goldie Hawn
    Amy Schumer
    John Boyega
    Orlando Bloom

Musical Guest
    Lucie Jones

Good lively show so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not bad, but I enjoy Amy Shumer.

I just realised i was watching it on BBC UK so missed the first half
    The second half wasn't bad anyhow

The John guy is coming across as a right pratt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Spitting image of denzel i think. He comes across pretty well i thought

Advertisement