Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fair dues lads, to keep this going all day, on really the most inane subject, is a credit to you both.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Oh you care! Otherwise you wouldn't have asked me for an explanation (for what I dont know!) another time! You are very easily wound up! This is a bizarre exchange of posts if you look at how they commenced!

The reason I didn't reply is because this "conversation " has absolutely nothing to do with the thread and, quite fankly, I haven't a clue what you want me to explain!

What do mean "I care"? When did I mention caring or not caring?

Only time I used the word was telling you to "take care" - as in "good luck and look after yourself."

And who is getting wound up? I said you made a silly comment, you said it was funny, I said it wasn't. It really is not a big deal.

About the "explaining" - you posted this
    You sound like a barrel of laughs! Which is ironic, given the topic!

I said I didn't get it and asked what yo meant. I quoted you so you received a notification. You obviously just overlooked it.

Fair dues lads, to keep this going all day, on really the most inane subject, is a credit to you both.

No effort at all, boss. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What do mean "I care"? When did I mention caring or not caring?

Only time I used the word was telling you to "take care" - as in "good luck and look after yourself."

And who is getting wound up? I said you made a silly comment, you said it was funny, I said it wasn't. It really is not a big deal.

About the "explaining" - you posted this

I said I didn't get it and asked what yo meant. I quoted you so you received a notification. You obviously just overlooked it.

Good jaysus give it a rest .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Good jaysus give it a rest .

The person said they didn't know what I was asking about so I told them.

Why are you getting so excited? If you don't like something, just ignore it like a normal person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Why are you getting so excited? If you don't like something, just ignore it like a normal person.

The ironing is delicious

The ironing is delicious

I don't know about that. I don't like ironing myself.

As to irony, where is that in what I posted?

I simply pointed out that BreadTalker's TalkingBread's remark was a silly comment. Then all I did was was ask what he/she meant by "barrel of laughs" being ironic.

There was no excitement about that. Did I say that he/she should stop posting or making comments? Nor did I say anything about liking or disliking the remarks, only that it was silly think to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I don't know about that. I don't like ironing myself.

As to irony, where is that in what I posted?

I simply pointed out that BreadTalker's TalkingBread's remark was a silly comment. Then all I did was was ask what he/she meant by "barrel of laughs" being ironic.

There was no excitement about that. Did I say that he/she should stop posting or making comments? Nor did I say anything about liking or disliking the remarks, only that it was silly think to post.

Well you thought the poster was being literal when It was clear as day they were exaggerating so I'm not sure you could see irony if you were smashed over the head with it, and you requoted their post when you didn't get a reply, probably as sad/excited as it gets tbh.

Well you thought the poster was being literal when It was clear as day they were exaggerating so I'm not sure you could see irony if you were smashed over the head with it, and you requoted their post when you didn't get a reply, probably as sad/excited as it gets tbh.

Now who is getting all excited talking about smashing things on people.:rolleyes:

I never said I took it literally, I said it was a silly thing to say. Two very different things.

The other is a very simple, straightforward question - "How is a "barrel of laughs" ironic in regards to this topic?"

Where is the difficulty in understanding that question? Why are you so annoyed that I'm curious as to why TalkingBread wouldn't/couldn't answer such a simple question?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can we expect more talk of FassAvoy from Graham :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Never realised how gorgeous Jessica is before.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Bet Bacon would have been a right laugh had that ditz Keaton kept quiet for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I really like Diane as an actress, but she is so annoying on Graham Norton !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I really like Diane as an actress, but she is so annoying on Graham Norton !

I think she's brilliant, first time I've seen her out of film and she comes across as great crack.

71 years young.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Just started watching as I had it on pause, but so far Diane Keaton is wrecking my head. Thought she was pissed for a second when she couldn't walk in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

And this episode is why Graham Norton is the best talk show around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

No idea noel was invovled in this gorillaz album

Jaysus Damon Albarn looks a bit rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

and Noel Gallagher looks very well

and Noel Gallagher looks very well

Yeah, not bad actually!

• Advertisement

Pretty poor red chair story :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Bacon seemed like a bit of a shoe in, guy is an 80's-90's cult classic. Should of had more air time.
    Fassbender is usually gas on this show, quick filler of the movie and a breakdance move.
    To much time on the others

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Bacon seemed like a bit of a shoe in, guy is an 80's-90's cult classic. Should of had more air time.
    Fassbender is gas on this show, quick filler of the movie and a breakdance move.
    To much time on the others

Scanned through the show quickly but totally agree that Bacon should have been given a lot more time. Would love to have heard more from him. Fassbender is always v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jessme wrote: »
    Just started watching as I had it on pause, but so far Diane Keaton is wrecking my head. Thought she was pissed for a second when she couldn't walk in properly.

Yes I thought she was pissed too

Graham should get Bette Midler on next week and then he would had all the First Wives Club leads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Finding graham very poor this season, doesn't seem to matter who is on, just not working like previous seasons. Is it that an English comedian is missing? Even Michael fassbendmeover couldn't save it tonight I felt. Diane Keaton was beyond annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Noel Gallagher should have been on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Rfrip wrote:
    Finding graham very poor this season, doesn't seem to matter who is on, just not working like previous seasons. Is it that an English comedian is missing? Even Michael fassbendmeover couldn't save it tonight I felt. Diane Keaton was beyond annoying

I rarely watch it. The idea of a host listening to movie stars week after week must be trying. I think that was the main reason Parkinson gave it up. He said that most of these people were basically uninteresting. I find these 'stars' very self obssessed, tedious and boring. They really have nothing of interest to say. Pity the poor host who has to laugh at the right place, to listen to idiots talking about dumb movies.

Is it just my imagination but the same people seem to on his show every other week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Diane Keaton was annoying as hell. Everytime anyone else tried to speak there she was with some ****e. Norton was worse for indulging her. I like him but he's always the same with whats perceived as "Hollywood Royalty". Basically he brown noses to the expense of the other guests.

I'd have enjoyed a show with Kevin Bacon on his own more. He barely got a look in and hes far more interesting. To me anyways, having grown up with so many of his films. Tremors is a classic but he was in so many good movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

More objectification of Fassbender again. Everytime he's on, he has to perform in some capacity. We get it, he's good looking.

Imagine a smoking hot lady was objectified as much. Feminists would be in overdrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Is that objectification though, or just him being a show off?

Advertisement