Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭blade1

threein99 wrote: »
    Thought that as well. Only natural really

How do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

blade1 wrote: »
    Has Imelda lost a bit of her Dublin accent?

Maybe. I don't blame her, people could be quite mean about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight
    Nicole Kidman
    Keith Urban
    Alan Cumming

Music
    Sheryl Crow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

They must've run out of ideas for the intro.
    Don't seem to bother with it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Funnier than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Funnier than I expected.

Enjoyable show tonight.
    Great storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Poor old Sporty:D If that was live, then she's actually not a bad singer.

Never seen or heard of Keith Urbam before tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight
    Salma Hayek
    David Walliams
    Ed Westwick
    James Buckley

Music
    Liam Payne

Tonight
    Salma Hayek
    David Walliams
    Ed Westwick
    James Buckley

Music
    Liam Payne
    Besides Salma and her 2 biggest hits, I could leave the rest.

Walliams can certainly act the clown on these type of shows but I find he's always entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Salam Hayek is just brilliant already. Five minutes in and she's stealing the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Best episode he's had in a long time. Hayek has stolen the show. Although Payne comes across as a bit of an ass.

I now know who Liam Payne is and how he met the mother of his child.

Which I think is very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Imagine if Liam Payne was a 14 year old girl and Cherly Cole a 23 year old man, there isn't a hope in hell they would have shown that clip

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ed is so hot, wish he and James were on from the start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Anyone else think David Walliams was a big let down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Jaysus Efron and your wan going on about Cruise. At least Norton cuts through the love-in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Jaysus Efron and your wan going on about Cruise. At least Norton cuts through the love-in a bit.

The way his co-stars constantly slobber over him on chat shows always makes me think its some contractual thing, or some other influence he has over them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Definitely it's nauseating!
    phonypony wrote: »
    The way his co-stars constantly slobber over him on chat shows always makes me think its some contractual thing, or some other influence he has over them...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so awkward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

This is bad........

Still excellent by comparison to all other talk shows but still.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭badabing106

Or maybe he is a genuinely nice guy to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I lasted 15 minutes. I just couldn't sit through it any more. That Effron fella has gotta be a Scientologist. He couldn't have been any more cemented up his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I lasted 15 minutes. I just couldn't sit through it any more. That Effron fella has gotta be a Scientologist. He couldn't have been any more cemented up his arse.

Same, couldn't stick the show, had to turn it off.

In other news lol at your user name 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

It's always heavily stage managed when Cruise is on. Beth Ditto was the highlight of the night, should have had her on from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

griffin100 wrote: »
    It's always heavily stage managed when Cruise is on. Beth Ditto was the highlight of the night, should have had her on from the start.

Normally Cruise does his interviews on his own. I'm guessing that last night's people were classed as 'safe' for him to be with. I'd say there's a big rule on not mentioning scientology etc. Found it incredibly dull, knew it was gonna be terrible as soon as I saw he would be with the other guests for entire show. Such arselicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Any other actor sitting on a chatshow couch with the likes of Tom Cruise will not be able to relax. It isn't because he is Tom Cruise, it is because he is a top level Hollywood power-player; he can make your career or break it. Others in the same league would be Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino(casting only).
    Maybe Robert De Niro or Robert Redford too or Meryl Streep for the actesses who want to be taken seriously.

I thought Graham was excellent and very witty in spite of the awkward dynamic there.

Beth Ditto left a good impression and if the objective was to get punters for any gigs she is playing in coming months then she totally succeeded.

Betty Ditto is like a funny Rebel Wilson.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

737max wrote: »
    Any other actor sitting on a chatshow couch with the likes of Tom Cruise will not be able to relax. It isn't because he is Tom Cruise, it is because he is a top level Hollywood power-player; he can make your career or break it.
    I'm not so sure he is anymore. He's fired a few real howlers across the media down the years. He still gets parts because he is still a draw, though not nearly as big a draw as he was. Beyond that, I suspect his clout in Hollywood is minimal. Certainly compared to other stars at his level of fame.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Cruise/Wagner are the big kahunas in Hollywood.

Advertisement