Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Missing nothing. Worst one in yonks. The guests themselves are bored by each other. Half expecting Graham to just call a halt and say lets just leave it there for tonight, and try afresh again next week. Not one of the guests has anything at all to offer.

I'll still give it a watch as there ain't much else on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The ambient noise filler they use before it to sync the regional channels was more interesting I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Norton slags off Spacey and then hugs Depp.....

Depp hasn't done anything inappropriate has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

siblers wrote: »
    Depp hasn't done anything inappropriate has he?

Google is your friend on that one. It was very prominent in the media and did finish in the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Google is your friend on that one. It was very prominent in the media and did finish in the courts.

With nothing proven except his ex wifes alledged history of partner abuse ?

Out of all of them Depp will come out clean out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Heckler wrote: »

You're surmising in your last comment.

The point is both were in the media for alleged crimes (trial by media if you want) but Norton slated one in his prologue tonight and the other he feted.

It surprised me but Norton will of course have pressure to perform on rating, reviews, etc. Just thought it was an interesting juxtaposition he placed himself in on the night.

You're surmising in your last comment.

The point is both were in the media for alleged crimes (trial by media if you want) but Norton slated one in his prologue tonight and the other he feted.

It surprised me but Norton will of course have pressure to perform on rating, reviews, etc. Just thought it was an interesting juxtaposition he placed himself in on the night.

But its fairly apparent Spacey is a pervert, whereas Depp seemingly did nothing wring and was a victim of lies from his ex and the media

I seen a headline on google earlier that Depp caused outrage after appearing on the G.N show. I was wondering what I had missed.

I thought it was over that silly apology for smuggling something into Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Still hasn't started on my BBC.
    switch over to bbc london if you have it to avoid the blame game

switch over to bbc london if you have to avoid the blame game

With virgin media so no alternative choice unless I use the internet.

Blame game can be alright sometimes, if they could only lay off Nationalist/Unionist shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe it was just me so who thought flaky Cara was too much :o GN calling her full name as he was thinking of Aer Lingus magazine :P

It's funny that Cara knew that was gaelic for friend, but not Graham :p
    Tonights lineup...
    Judi Dench
    Kenneth Branagh
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Josh Gad

Music
    St Vincent

Afaik, the singer is Cara's Girlfriend

Btw talk about Spacey, i see he just got fired from Netflix :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonights lineup...
    Judi Dench
    Kenneth Branagh
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Josh Gad

Music
    St Vincent

Olaf aka Gad took over the show, liked his Cruz and Bardem impressions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

Heckler wrote: »

He paid 7 million to have a restraining order lifted after she produced photos and two witnesses that he had beat her. He then jointly released a statement -

“Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love.

“Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm. “ http://www.eonline.com/news/785345/amber-heard-and-johnny-depp-reach-7-million-divorce-settlement

If he admitted that there was no false statement then he is admitting domestic abuse.

Add to that his work with convicted child rapist and fugitive roman polanski and he is hardly a stand up guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

AlanG wrote: »
    He paid 7 million to have a restraining order lifted after she produced photos and two witnesses that he had beat her. He then jointly released a statement -

“Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love.

“Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm. “ http://www.eonline.com/news/785345/amber-heard-and-johnny-depp-reach-7-million-divorce-settlement

If he admitted that there was no false statement then he is admitting domestic abuse.

Add to that his work with convicted child rapist and fugitive roman polanski and he is hardly a stand up guy.

Chuck in Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster,Christopher Waltz and John C. Reilly as child rapist enablers then. They all worked with Polanski after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Thought Hugh Grant came off well last night. Funny and not afraid to take the piss out of himself. The others were a bore though.

And jaysus, that parsnip story..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Asparagus?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Cina wrote: »
    Thought Hugh Grant came off well last night. Funny and not afraid to take the piss out of himself. The others were a bore though.

And jaysus, that parsnip story..

Yeah, wouldn't be the biggest fan of his work but the chap comes across very well. Self depreciating and with a sense of humour.

Kelly Clarkson was painful during the red chair, she just wouldn't shut the **** up. Jason Momoa seems quite nice but he is fairly dull

• Registered Users Posts: 82,241 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight...
    Mel Gibson
    Will Ferrell
    Mark Wahlberg
    John Lithgow
    Shirley Ballas

Music
    Kesha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I literally sick of the sight of Mel, Will & co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

anna080 wrote: »
    Has Mel been on it recently? I think they are all great together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Other than I knowing they were on the late late last last week, which I didn't see, I haven't seen them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Battleflag wrote: »
    Has Mel been on it recently? I think they are all great together

Daddy's Home cast was on The Late Late Show last week, GoggleBox Ireland this week, they were in Ireland promoting the film

I think the 4 of them jell well together and are funny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,077 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Shakira has let herself go

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Will is great, I don't think I'd ever get tired of him.

He's funny as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Great show tonight. The 4 guys are great together, though Mark Wahlberg was either a little drunk or pissed off the entire time it looked like. He wasn't engaged much.

John Lithgow however, is a treasure. Loved that Footloose story he told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Was Mel on the funky stuff tonight? Seemed wired to the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Great show tonight. The 4 guys are great together, though Mark Wahlberg was either a little drunk or pissed off the entire time it looked like. He wasn't engaged much.

John Lithgow however, is a treasure. Loved that Footloose story he told.

Drunk probably like the last time he was on

Mel seemed off his tits but was pretty good, Will Ferrell and John Litghow were great, Mark was his usual moody self but at least he doesn't fake who he is and he is pretty funny

That gowl from Strictly killed the craic, no need for her to be on

• Advertisement

“ literally “? Really .. jeez that’s some reaction !

Lots of people that I don’t like but they don’t make me actually puke....that’s awful :eek: ?

Advertisement