Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

youngblood wrote: »
    I thought he said last week she would be on with Hanks??

Pulled out last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

She held out for" tubs "on the radio instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Jamie Dornan is great craic tonight. Far more talkative than his previous appearances. Maybe something to do with who he was sharing the couch with. Anyone remember who was on with him before?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

368100 wrote: »
    Jamie Dornan is great craic tonight. Far more talkative than his previous appearances. Maybe something to do with who he was sharing the couch with. Anyone remember who was on with him before?
    Ant & Dec, Aaron Paul, and Naomi Campbell on 28 February 2014
    Julie Walters, Stephen Mangan on 13 February 2015
    Whoopi Goldberg, Keanu Reeves, and Denzel Washington on 10 February 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Graham_Norton_Show_episodes

He seemed fairly relaxed with Liam Neeson alright. I found Neeson and Mirren to be a bit boring unfortunately, especially Neeson, his stories just seemed to plod along.

Tom Cruise on again next week. Can't wait to hear how great his is from his castmates :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

He seemed fairly relaxed with Liam Neeson alright. I found Neeson and Mirren to be a bit boring unfortunately, especially Neeson, his stories just seemed to plod along.

Tom Cruise on again next week. Can't wait to hear how great his is from his castmates :rolleyes:

Great.....Norton goes into suck up overdrive when cruise is on the sofa

• Advertisement

Greart ep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

I enjoyed that episode.

I agree that Dornan was a hell of a lot more entertaining than he has been in the past.

It's quite funny how utterly mortified he is about 50 Shades though, he's definitely dying to get this press tour over and done with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Bredabe wrote: »
    Karen is British, as GN was speaking from the UK and to a UK audience, so "one of us" comment.

Well she would have a lot more Gaelic ancestry than Anglo-Irish Graham would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is Cruise promoting now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Good show and fair play to Dornan for sharing his embarrassing stories, it wouldn't be be.:)
    I really liked the music at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

That band sigrid at the end were good. Different staging to the usual.
    He always gets good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

That band sigrid at the end were good. Different staging to the usual.
    He always gets good music.

Not a Band, Sigrid is the name of the singer.

Winner of "BBC Music Sound of... 2018", past winners include Adele [2008], Ellie Goulding [2010], Jessie J [2011] and Sam Smith [2014] ---> Full List Here.

She was also on BBC:SLFN last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I can't say that was more fun having Naomi Campbell on, although would be interesting to have Whoopi Goldberg now!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is Cruise promoting now?

Could be Mission Impossible 6 ?
    Cruise is on to tell his latest injury on set, also we have Mr Snooze that is Henry Cavill:o

He looks happy to have that Fifty shades of Grey over, although i'd say he'd rather be in The Grey with Neeson :P

Both Neeson & Mirren 4yrs of living together , i didn't know that?

Nice music on, for a min i thought she was live somewhere else from seeing the large set, as i was turning over & back, did he say she was the youngest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How the hell didn't Helen Mirren know how many sisters Liam Neeson had?

What is Tom Cruise promoting next week? Don't think he has any new films out

It's Mission Impossible 6, the whole couch is in it (Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Rebecca Ferguson, and Simon Pegg). Getting the promo in early as it's not out until late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's Mission Impossible 6, the whole couch is in it (Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Rebecca Ferguson, and Simon Pegg). Getting the promo in early as it's not out until late July.

No Jeremy Renner, is he not in MI6?

corkie wrote: »

Very high notes, she needs to be careful.

Seems lovely lassie, best of luck to her.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Jeremy Renner, is he not in MI6?
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4912910/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc

Seems not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

6r1r1j.jpg

I doubt that somehow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Not another Tom Cruise circle jerk, ugh!

• Advertisement

and what did you feel the first time you met TOM??
    and where were you when you got the call for mission impossible wit TOM CRUISE!!
    well of courses they did, YOU'RE TOM CRRRUUUISE!!!

;)

At least it won't be as bad as that time he 69'd Zac Efron on the couch......or will it......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Tom makes great movies and has some decent stories at times and to be fair to him he does some very impressive stunts.I love Mission Impossible movies and this is right down my alley.

This is the longest trailer for a movie I’ve ever seen......snore! They must have paid the BBC a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I haven't watched any of the show tonight but can't figure out why they've the cast on of a movie which isn't released until July. They'll be doing the same press junket then with the same stories.

Basq wrote: »
    I haven't watched any of the show tonight but can't figure out why they've the cast on of a movie which isn't released until July. They'll be doing the same press junket then with the same stories.

They were all in town shooting.

Still makes very little sense. It’s been like a mate showing you their holiday photos. Very very weird.

Staple amounts of cruise gushing as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I know they are shooting in town but this is very odd..

It's an entire ad for a film not out for months and with no trailer.....

And unlike most bits done for upcoming films ( which isnt finished) this feels very orchestrated...which is v unlike Graham Norton - I dont think this has ever happened on this show ie a group of people promoting a film thats still in progress

I know they have a Cruise on board so the usual loosey goosey approach doesnt work, but this does feel noticeably constrained

Anyone think Pegg was half joking whole in earnest with some of his "this guy!" comments?

It's weird how close a few of the anecdote set-ups were to "so, tell us your Tome Cruise story..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Dear god. Graham is either being majorly sycophantic, or else he’s seriously taking the piss. I think it’s the former. It’s god awful boring - and the actress in it is just the biggest kiss-ass to Tom Cruise ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I really like the graham norton show but sadly it is heavily scripted. What's not right?

It was weird that all cast members were there and the movie is not coming out soon. But that said the show books its guests months in advance and actors are contracted to allow time to promote the movie. Thing was Cruise broke his ankle and everything got pushed back. Just this week they announced the title of the movie. So this was sadly a case of let's push ahead and build hype for the movie than postpone.

As for everyone licking Tom's ass? :pac: sadly that's always the case. To the point that people call his pull "Cruise Control" behind the scenes. Can't blame any other actor for doing this tho. Cruise has co-star approval and alotta pull in Hollywood. So in public interviews you are gonna kiss his ass despite what you may think of him personally. Fake as that may be.

Advertisement