Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dovies wrote: »
    Love the line up. Only question - where did Jodie Whittaker get her shoes, they are stunning! :)

Hoodzerfield :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tonight...
    Judi Dench
    Jennifer Hudson
    Hugh Grant
    Matthew McConaughey
    Michael Buble

Music
    Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Was at the show last nite. Worth watching for Hugh grant provided it doesn’t get edited too much. He was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

unplayable wrote: »
    Was at the show last nite. Worth watching for Hugh grant provided it doesn’t get edited too much. He was brilliant.

Was it a good experience, tickets easy to get? You may be the first on this thread to have been at it.

How long does the show take to record before they condense it down in to what we see in the 50 mins or so that actually airs?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Was it a good experience, tickets easy to get? You may be the first on this thread to have been at it.

How long does the show take to record before they condense it down in to what we see in the 50 mins or so that actually airs?

I live in london. This was our 3rd time trying. You need the priority tics or forget it. They treat you like cattle.

Coldplay did the music first did 2 takes as Chris didn’t like the first take. Then the guests come on after and music people come back at the end.

We got in around 6.15pm started at 7pm and ended at 8.30pm

Ran smoothly enough tbh. I won’t get a better lineup than that so I’m done haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice to see Michael Bublé has been thawed out for the Christmas as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Good line up but way to many on. 3 of them on would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Nice to see Michael Bublé has been thawed out for the Christmas as usual

Always found him entertaining when he's been on, doesn't take himself too seriously and seems like a genuinely nice chap.

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Always found him entertaining when he's been on, doesn't take himself too seriously and seems like a genuinely nice chap.

Agree, does seem like a very sound fella and up for a bit of a laugh

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Nice to see Michael Bublas been thawed out for the Christmas as usual

It's not Christmas without Mickey Bubbles :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My daughter was there too. Loved it.

Coldplay are the worst

Hugh was the mvp, Matthew McConaughey did not feature much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Best episode in a long long time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I wonder will Graham do his Anti-Brexit stuff next week or will the size of the Brexit Win get Graham worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

blinding wrote: »
    I wonder will Graham do his Anti-Brexit stuff next week or will the size of the Brexit Win get Graham worrying.

I don't think Graham has too much to worry about. Hopefully he does have some comedy at the beginning of next weeks show as he had none on this one which was a pity as I like that pit before he introduces the guests. I think he could slac off Corbon or your one from the Lip Dems but then a lot can happen in politics in 4 days well 6if you include the weekend so it will be interesting to see.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I thought Judi Dench looked very lost at times, I know she has sight issues, but this seemed different to that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bredabe wrote: »
    I thought Judi Dench looked very lost at times, I know she has sight issues, but this seemed different to that.

Yeah I thought that too. Last few times she’s been she’s very central in the whole show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Just watched it, love Hugh Grant’s dry wit! Wasn’t expecting him to be so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Michael Buble?

Honestly, I’ve heard better singers at 3 am in Temple bar of a Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭appledrop

Last nights show was the best one in a long time. Line up just so good.

I always wondered what the deal was with Hugh Grant + all the women but kinda got it after watching him last night. He is very charming + charismatic + very few people have that naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

How does one go about getting tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Happy4all wrote: »
    How does one go about getting tickets?

https://www.sroaudiences.com

These guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

walshb wrote: »

He's very capable of doing a good Hispanic impersonation of his Argentinean wife.

walshb wrote: »

IMHO he brought the music of crooners Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra etc., back to a new younger audience plus he is very charming and sexy, I could be bias ;):D

Ms

Am really looking forward to tonights show as I can enjoy it because Graham can not ruin the new Star Wars on me.

The guest list is,

Daisy Ridley,
    John Boyaga,
    Henry Cavill,
    Ruth Jones,
    Rob Brydon.

For once I can watch the trailer when he puts it up as I have seen Star Wars.

I am am so glad he did not have them last week.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

AMKC wrote: »
    Am really looking forward to tonights show as I can enjoy it because Graham can not ruin the new Star Wars on me.

The guest list is,

Daisy Ridley,
    John Boyaga,
    Henry Cavill,
    Ruth Jones,
    Rob Brydon.

For once I can watch the trailer when he puts it up as I have seen Star Wars.

I am am so glad he did not have them last week.

Feck, what day was it out in cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

FFVII wrote: »

Getting brutal reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I don't think I've ever watched a Starwars movie.

• Advertisement
    Ms

FFVII wrote: »

It was out yesterday so you have plenty of time to see it. Well worth seeing on the big screen.
    Happy4all wrote: »
    Getting brutal reviews

Never mind the reviews. Go see it for yourself and make up your own mind. I throughly enjoyed it myself.
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever watched a Starwars movie.

Well its never too late to start. You could start with ''The Force Awakens'' then ''The last Jedi'' . Then go see this one in the cinema. Then you can watch the original 3 after that sometime.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement