Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

siblers wrote: »
    David Schwimmer looks well, had it in my head he'd be destroyed by plastic surgery

No your thinking of Russ

• Registered Users Posts: 82,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last show of this run, tonight's lineup...
    Justin Timberlake
    Anna Kendrick
    Sam Smith
    Alan Carr
    Oti Mabuse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So looks like GN is a fully fledged Brit now after that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

What did he say?

M

Well I suppose it's what gave him the life he now has, can't ever see him returning to Ireland for LLS and asking the guest what colour clothes they wore when they found out they had cancer and a month to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was a dull episode and way to end this series. He did not even have anyone famous or talented on it. Maybe its time for Graham to go do something else. Even the Red Chair was crap. I think the Graham Norton show has had its day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Back next Friday, will be on at the earlier time of 9pm for a half an hour, no idea yet of guest lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Back next Friday, will be on at the earlier time of 9pm for a half an hour, no idea yet of guest lineup.

Half hour seems very short.

M

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Half hour seems very short.

Yes must be going to be a SKYPE setup like LLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

wrote:
    We may not have a studio audience but we’d still like to hear your Red Chair Stories...told from the comfort of your own homes!

P.S. Flippable chair not necessary but a good webcam is a must!.
    https://twitter.com/TheGNShow/status/1243166126177234946

• Advertisement
    M

Tonights Guests*
    Michael Bublé
    Michael Sheen
    Martin Freeman
    Daisy Haggard
    Celeste

All via webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonights Guests*
    Michael Bublé
    Michael Sheen
    Martin Freeman
    Daisy Haggard
    Celeste

All via webcam

I know 3 the M ones :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I googled Celeste and was disappointed it wasn't one half of the singers of "Ooh Stick You!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Show doesn’t work like this, had to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone else think Graham's eyes looked a bit mad in the close up's?
    A kind of mad reflection off them.
    He called one of the guests darling or lovey while goodbyeing.:eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

I didn't like it. It still had just enough charm to remind you what you love about the show in normal times, but depressing enough to make you think, I don't want it like this.

It's the kind of show that needs an audience, and I think everyone involved knows that.

It kind of reminded me of his radio show actually, but not suited to a Friday night TV slot at all. I hope they don't insist on doing the whole series like this, just show a movie on Friday nights or something instead.

Ms

That show that begins with B is a load of absolute Rubbish and yes that is Rubbish with a capital R. Its just a horrible nasty show. I watched two episodes and that was enough of that Rubbish. I have better things to be doing than watching Rubbish like that. I hope it does not get more than 1 season as it will then be forgotten about quickly and let die. I skipped by the whole section on it simply no interest in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't think it's just Graham Norton, any of these entertainment shows where they are doing remote interviews just doesn't really work. Especially as the audio or visual quality can be quite bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

AMKC wrote: »
    That show that begins with B is a load of absolute Rubbish and yes that is Rubbish with a capital R. Its just a horrible nasty show. I watched two episodes and that was enough of that Rubbish. I have better things to be doing than watching Rubbish like that. I hope it does not get more than 1 season as it will then be forgotten about quickly and let die. I skipped by the whole section on it simply no interest in it.

What show? I didn't watch this episode.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

siblers wrote: »
    I don't think it's just Graham Norton, any of these entertainment shows where they are doing remote interviews just doesn't really work. Especially as the audio or visual quality can be quite bad
    I agree. I watched about 5 minutes of Have I Got News For You and switched off. It was painful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What show? I didn't watch this episode.
    Breeders..

.. for what's it worth, I didn't think it was a bad show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Basq wrote: »
    Breeders..

.. for what's it worth, I didn't think it was a bad show.

I quite enjoyed Breeders. I’m obviously a bad parent but I lol’d at some of the brutal parenting..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Alun wrote: »
    I agree. I watched about 5 minutes of Have I Got News For You and switched off. It was painful to watch.

I thought last week's HIGNFY was awful, but this week's was much improved. Still suffers greatly from the lack of audience, but they've obviously encouraged the panelists to respond more to each others jokes and the signal delay seems much less pronounced.

It will be very jarring in years to come when flicking through Dave and these repeats are in the schedule :pac:

M

Tonight
    Patrick Stewart
    Ricky Gervais
    Thandie Newton

Music
    Christine and the Queens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think even if they were on the couch together it wouldn't have been a good episode with that lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think even if they were on the couch together it wouldn't have been a good episode with that lineup.

Patrick Stewart's advice on Corona..... Space! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love Patrick Stewart.

The Graham Norton show with him, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman is an all time favourite of mine.

Ms

I enjoyed that episode much better than the one before it but skipped Gervis as I don't like him at all. Its still nowhere near as when it is done in studio with a live audience but its what has to be done for now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Tonight
    Richard E Grant
    Joe Lycett
    Chris Hemsworth
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

• Advertisement
    Ms

That episode was terrible. I really don't think these Graham Norton episodes are going to have much of a rewatch value either when things do eventually get back to normal. Maybe he should have just took a break until this is all over as the format just does not work like this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement