Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

Zhane wrote: »
    You are a barrel of laughs aren't ya!

For the record, Norton is not ashamed of being Irish. He still spends summers in Cork and is there regularly. He was making a joke about rural Ireland. I thought it was funny, as I can see where he's coming from.

enough with the barrel of laughs comments any more cracks like that and I will report you.

I couldn't care less where he spends his holidays he is always at that nonsense whenever he has anyone irish on the red chair. cannot see why he would make digs at rural Ireland for the entertainment of his guests and the audience since he comes from rural Ireland himself. he should be proud of it not ashamed. Norton has become very anglicised too much for his own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

enough with the barrel of laughs comments any more cracks like that and I will report you.

I couldn't care less where he spends his holidays he is always at that nonsense whenever he has anyone irish on the red chair. cannot see why he would make digs at rural Ireland for the entertainment of his guests and the audience since he comes from rural Ireland himself. he should be proud of it not ashamed. Norton has become very anglicised too much for his own good.

We're gonna just not agree on this.

Thanks. Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I can see you have a great sense of humour! Would agree with you on the singer point, just trying to be an attention seeking whore! and wtf was with the dancer? I'm sorry, that's not art, its just weird!

davo2001 wrote: »
    I can see you have a great sense of humour! Would agree with you on the singer point, just trying to be an attention seeking whore! and wtf was with the dancer? I'm sorry, that's not art, its just weird!

could you not have said all that but without the personal dig against me. the disagreement between me and the other poster is over, case closed, no need for you to stick your oar in.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

I'm telling the teacher on you

• Advertisement

peadar76 wrote: »
    I'm telling the teacher on you

nice to see the keyboard warriors are out in force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What is it about chat show threads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

nice to see the keyboard warriors are out in force.

I think you are a lovely man.

GN is very pro Irish. If I had his money my summers would be in Monaco and Vegas not Cork, despite the undoubted beauty of the Cork coast. He's making an in-joke.

Time for Irish people to lighten up about tiny perceived sleights.

I think you are a lovely man.

GN is very pro Irish. If I had his money my summers would be in Monaco and Vegas not Cork, despite the undoubted beauty of the Cork coast. He's making an in-joke.

Time for Irish people to lighten up about tiny perceived sleights.

judging by your posts you are a fine example yourself. can Norton not just do without the cheap cracks whenever someone irish is on the red chair. what is it about tv personalities that whenever a member of the public appears on tv then it is open season on them. you swear that joe public had no right to be on television and if he does he better take it on the chin cos as we all know its all a bit of a "joke".

if anyone wants to read a better articulated and better written account of what I am trying to say then click on the link please:

http://thequietus.com/articles/11578-gogglebox-real-people-on-tv

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

That Sia one from last week! WTAT???

She can sing and write songs no doubt but the dancer looked like she found an unlocked door round the back of the studio and thought she'd have a go.....

BTW; if you want to know the real reason Sia wont show her face anymore just look her up on google images.....shes doing us a favour

nc19 wrote: »

She can sing and write songs no doubt but the dancer looked like she found an unlocked door round the back of the studio and thought she'd have a go.....

BTW; if you want to know the real reason Sia wont show her face anymore just look her up on google images.....shes doing us a favour

I wonder what you look like? I bet your no oil painting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Ah she dont look too bad at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Please be civil to each other or don't bother posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How old is Sia, she sounds like she is her 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He makes fun of everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

efb wrote: »
    What is it about chat show threads...

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She's actually pretty close to 40. ;)

She's actually pretty close to 40. ;)

Really?

• Advertisement

anglicised??? really??? a union jack suit on the Eurovision?? plus every time he refers to England he says "our"... ha ha big time.
    and even the crappiest of guest films are always "great movies"!!!
    and OMG!!!! It's tom cruiseeee. so olga when your turned up for filimg were you like, OMG it's tom cruise!! etc etc ad nauseum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

rusty cole wrote: »

He should just have actors on and call the film they are promoting utter sh!t just days prior to its release, just like all those other chat show hosts do, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

The topic of Graham and his lack of Irishness comes up a lot. The fact is, he has moved and lived in the UK for a long time now, and yes maybe quiet possibly he likes it better there and considers it his home, I don't see the problem here. He emigrated like a lot of people have.

However, he still comes back to Cork a lot, he picks up on some irish guests on his show and makes a joke maybe I am naive, but I'm taking as an 'in joke' between two people. He plays to his audience who like the whole 'Fr Ted, Mrs Browne' talk as in 'Ah there he is now, sure look at him there' type of carry on. He plays to an audience for a laugh. It gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Graham Norton is as Irish as Terry Wogan. Except he lives in west Cork (and London and New York). He felt different than other kids growing up here because he was technically a Protestant. It was when he left that he realised it was because he played for the other side. Good old Ireland, who needs sexual confusion when religion will do your teenaged nut in anyway.
    Personally, the man could be interviewing a bag of taytos and he'd still be an improvement on Tubridy interviewing God / Elvis / Buddha.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She looks a lot older than that tbh

I wonder what you look like? I bet your no oil painting either.

Im more like a Picasso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

anglicised??? really??? a union jack suit on the Eurovision??
    He's presenting it for a British only audience and is playing to them, as is his job. Would you prefer him to wear a Tricolour suit or a plain one?
    plus every time he refers to England he says "our"... ha ha big time.
    Again, he's being paid by a British company to present a British programme to a British audience and he lives in Britain. He couldn't possibly say anything else.
    Well, if he slagged the films off it would be career suicide. He'd never have another decent guest on his show and it would also damage the BBC too and they aren't going to let that happen.
    and OMG!!!! It's tom cruiseeee. so olga when your turned up for filimg were you like, OMG it's tom cruise!! etc etc ad nauseum!!
    Probably the biggest movie star in the world in front of him, he was asking Olga if it afected her, but in Graham's own style which is what he is known for and liked for. Again, he wouldn't and couldn't have asked the question in any other way.

If he annoys you so much, don't watch the show any more. Simple.

She looks a lot older than that tbh

That's 'cause she is a lot older. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

As the saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". I think that's the case with Graham and Ireland.

• Advertisement

I really like how all the guests interact well on his show

Of course some weeks are better than others

Advertisement