Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lithium's Lunatic Lair 2: The Black Vatican

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A little homesick but otherwise fine :)
    How are you and what are you up to? :):)

You're off travelling are you? :)

I'm good here thanks. Only one day away until the weekend thankfully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Evening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This is spot on on WHAT NOT to do at concerts

(The paragraph on tall people was uncalled for) :mad:

http://thegigetiquette.co.uk/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As a tall person, they can go f*ck themselves.

Angron wrote: »

Actually misread what you said, thought you were say that tall people can go **** themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is Mr A a shorty ?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Lucky you, it's sh*t being small at a gig because usually everyone there is taller than you:(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

You're off travelling are you? :)

I'm good here thanks. Only one day away until the weekend thankfully :D

Indeed! :)
    Any cool plans for the weekend?

Travelling of sorts ;)
    I was sent to Stockholm to do a course. One week done, one more to go. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Indeed! :)
    Any cool plans for the weekend?

Travelling of sorts ;)

Were you really sent there for a secret mission :eek:?

Travelling of sorts ;)
    Were you really sent there for a secret mission :eek:?

I like how you think Seph! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is Mr A a shorty ?

:D
    No, I'm tall :P Telling people who are tall they should have to stand at the back just makes you a dick though.

No, I'm tall :P Telling people who are tall they should have to stand at the back just makes you a dick though.

Exactly, people who are vertically challenged should go to a matinee showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's not our fault we're short. You tall people have no idea how lucky you are. I'm forced to see bands in between people's heads while standing on my toes. And when you find a good spot it's almost inevitable that someone taller (in my case this means, like, everyone) is going to stand in front of you. At gigs, being under 5ft as an adult is a pain. We're just asking for a bit of consideration. For the record, getting there early makes very little difference.

Apologies for the rant.. :o

TALL PEOPLE FTW :D

I get to concerts early, if I've gone to the effort of getting there before people I'm not moving out of the way to convenience people who came later than I did.

It's not our fault we're short. You tall people have no idea how lucky you are.

very_tall_man.jpg

very_tall_man.jpg
    Apparently that man's name is Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

tall people die earlier (Just joking :p) I don't even try to compete anymore Everyone in my family is taller than me (over 6'5" to 5"10' on average and I am only 5'1" ) makes me wonder sometimes maybe my brother was telling me the truth about finding me in a bucket. There's one thing that I learned over the years Short people are Quicker can get in and out before the tall ones have a chance to look down. :D

I get to concerts early, if I've gone to the effort of getting there before people I'm not moving out of the way to convenience people who came later than I did.

That's grand but most of the time I get there early and random tall people push their way through the crowd in front of me. More often than not I'm actually shoved out of the way. Not saying that all tall people do it. It's probably just that I'm tiny and everyone is tall to me. :o

• Advertisement

The one problem with being 6'6'' - Having to duck before low doors in public places :mad:

Give 'em a quick kick in the shin.:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woman normally prefer taller guys anyway.

EZ, I'm shorter than you by 2 inches.. :o

Woman normally prefer taller guys anyway.

Give+this+man+a+prize+_7016e7b9ecea90b0e84e10743254f143.jpg

Yeah you'd think I was tall until you see the rest of this clan of giants, It's the women who are 5'10" At least I fit in places CAn comfortablely curl up on the love seat and have plenty of room in chairs. I do have to have a step stool sort of thing to reach the cabinets and someone else has to change the light bulbs. There are worse things.

EZ24GET wrote: »
    Yeah you'd think I was tall until you see the rest of this clan of giants, It's the women who are 5'10" At least I fit in places CAn comfortablely curl up on the love seat and have plenty of room in chairs. I do have to have a step stool sort of thing to reach the cabinets and someone else has to change the light bulbs. There are worse things.

None of my family are particularly tall, my mam is about 5ft 4, and my brother and my Dad are both around 5ft 6 or 7. I didn't break the 5ft mark! I do like taller guys but most are taller than me anyways.. My ex was 6ft and I could fit under his arm.. Imagine me standing beside Giant Lithium! :p

Being small does have positive points, you're right. It ain't all bad. I look younger than I am too so I'm always asked for ID even though I'm 25.

in the middle of the road height wise.

I'm so short that even short legged trousers and jeans are sometimes still too long.

• Advertisement

I remember at an Ozzy concert he wouldn't play and everyone started rioting- burning fences, throwing burning stuff on the stage The riot cops were coming and the tall ones couldn't hide very well some guy asked if he could come behind one of our crowd to get out Sounds really silly but I guess he was really paniced He actually said "because you're so large" would have been really funny except for the stuff going on around us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement