Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithium's Lunatic Lair 2: The Black Vatican

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Sunny Day Lair! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning Lairites.

How's everyone?

Tired, but no point going back to bed as I know I won't sleep.

Where is Swannie with her java supply.

Hows Paws today?

• Advertisement

Swannie, get in here! :p

I'm OK. Lying in bed. Thinking. Or possibly overthinking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Swannie, get in here! :p
    **Dives into Lair. Clicks heels! Salutes!**

Reporting for duty Paws.

**Fedespressos large cups of java to Paws and Ted!

Good morning!

Good morning!
    Happy, happy morning to you Paws! Dances about flat, twirling, spinning, getting dizzy, and falling on floor! :o

Swan be crazy :D

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Swan be crazy :D
    Teeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd!!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Even if it's true, don't tell anyone! It's our secret! :eek:

Tell people what?

I know nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After reading this & it's disgusting what the Catholic Church did in those days, and people ask me why i despise the church so much - Well now ya know, absolutely disgusting
    http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/796-dead-babies-disposed-septic-tank-irish-catholic-nunnery

Shocking Lith. Tuam might not be the only location either. Preach about Christian charity to thy neighbour, but then treat their own as social outcasts. Total hypocrisy.

Sooner they have no power/control, the better.

Schools still looking for baptism certs before enrolling kids. Fook right off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    After reading this & it's disgusting what the Catholic Church did in those days, and people ask me why i despise the church so much - Well now ya know, absolutely disgusting
    http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/796-dead-babies-disposed-septic-tank-irish-catholic-nunnery

****ing horrific......holy people my arse!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Shocking and absolutely disgusting. I can't believe that people could do such horrific things. And supposedly 'holy' people at that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Pardon me whilst I vomit copiously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Well, Irish society at the time also had a role to play also- as did the Government. It's a shame on the country as a whole, not just one institution.

Unmarried mothers were outcast by Irish society as a whole back in the day. The children of these mothers wouldn't have suffered as much as they did (and their mothers)-if there weren't a better laws and societal norms to protect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Happy happy cheery cheery :pac:
    Howaya Dexter! Good to see ya back!

*walks in wearing pyjamas and bunny slippers*

Is it bed time yet? :o:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Happy happy cheery cheery :pac:
    Howaya Dexter! Good to see ya back!

*walks in wearing pyjamas and bunny slippers*

Is it bed time yet? :o:D:D

Tis now; like your bunny slippers, very fetching I must say:D

• Advertisement

Howdy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Evening pals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

howdy nocts:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hello folks:).....anything new??

Nothing new here. Yourselves?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Pissing down rain here

Hi everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The weekend went by far too quickly

Only a 4 day week for Ted coming up...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

got two new bits of news which was good:)

one of the people involved in the autism awareness training ( the presentations that i do) contacted me back in march. She was doing a master's in education and wanted to interview people with autism and asperger's, including me. Anyway we had the interview last march which went well, found it very interesting. I left it with her and yesterday morning i got the final report/interview that she had written up, it was beautifully written:D was very impressed with her writing, i got goosebumps as i was reading it :D The woman showed it to her supervisor and got great feedback

The other bit of news is that one of my friends approached me last night, she was wanting to know if i would do a duet blog with her about autism and asperger's. I'll give it some thought but sounds very interesting

so that's whats new with me, things are looking up despite things recently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement