Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery Replacement

• 15-02-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a place preferably in Dublin city to replace an iPhone 5 battery? Mine will barely last half a day any more even with minimal usage. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm sure someone will know but have you tried restoring back to stock software and not restoring from a backup? That usually solves most battery issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Do you still have Apple warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Zcott wrote: »
    I'm sure someone will know but have you tried restoring back to stock software and not restoring from a backup? That usually solves most battery issues.
    Have tried all the usual fixes including that and letting battery run down so its dead, then charging back up to full and reboot, still the same
    Passenger wrote: »
    Do you still have Apple warranty?
    Bought iPhone 5 at launch so out of warranty now

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissyFit

There's 2 years warranty on all electronics

MissyFit wrote: »
    I checked my warranty with apple and it says expired
    6mSgrK.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Simply Red wrote: »
    I checked my warranty with apple and it says expired
    6mSgrK.png

You only get one year limited warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Not in the city-centre but Celbridge and can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.ipodrepaircentre.ie/

Replaced a battery for me in iPhone 4 with a genuine apple one in 15 minutes and it lasts longer than the original ever did.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

GSM solutions in dublin city centre are 39.95 and on grabone today they are selling a voucher for 19 that will give you 45 to spend there. Had a home button fixed there recently and they seem good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ted1 wrote: »

Not in ireland there isn't. There is an EU Directive meaning retailers have to give a 2 year warranty, which Ireland did not implement fully, as we are afforded greater protection by the Sale of Goods Act 1980, according to the Govt.
    nics as the poster was implying in the previous post.
    There certainly isn't a blanket 2 year warranty on electronics in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not in ireland there isn't. There is an EU Directive meaning retailers have to give a 2 year warranty, which Ireland did not implement fully, as we are afforded greater protection by the Sale of Goods Act 1980, according to the Govt.
    nics as the poster was implying in the previous post.
    There certainly isn't a blanket 2 year warranty on electronics in Ireland.

Look at the link to apples Irish site I posted to. They do honour the EU directive

sweetie wrote: »
    GSM solutions in dublin city centre are 39.95 and on grabone today they are selling a voucher for 19 that will give you 45 to spend there. Had a home button fixed there recently and they seem good.
    Perfect, ill check them out thanks

ted1 wrote: »
    Look at the link to apples Irish site I posted to. They do honour the EU directive

Maybe if you read the notes at the bottom yourself first? Plenty of cases on this very site where Apple won't deal with them after 1 year.

Advertisement