Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put money from cheque into my account

Options
  • 15-02-2014 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have a weird situation here: 

Last year I worked for 6 months in Ireland (finished in December). I opened a BOI bank account and used for all payments. After I finished working, I applied to the Revenue Office for getting my tax back, because I'm from a foreign country, and went back home. I gave the Revenue office my BOI bank account and waited for them to put the tax money into my account.
    I don't know why, but instead of transfering the money into my account, they sent me a BOI cheque on my name. Meanwhile, I left the country again and now I'm in the US.

The situation I have is : I'm in USA, my cheque is in Romania and my bank account is in Ireland.

Is there any way I can get the money from that cheque into my BOI account? Somebody said that some banks accept a photo of the cheque and they make the transfer. Does BOI offers me an option for this situation?

Thank you,
    Gabriel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Not a chance of a photocopy being accepted. You need to get the cheque cancelled by the revenue and payment method changed by them to lodge directly to your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi gabitzish,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.

As correctly mentioned above, a photocopy of a cheque cannot be accepted. The cheque may need to be posted to your branch for lodging to your account. Alternatively, the Revenue may be able to stop the cheque they've issued and arrange to transfer the funds into your account.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement