Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't think I've seen anything like this before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

kevpants wrote: »

I watched squat 15 x 240kg and couldn't watch any more - it was a joke! Why are we discussing this :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

220kgs barbell 'rows', just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

This lad's a joke. Obviously he's strong but there is no point lifting that heavy if your form is going to be that terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

SeaDaily wrote: »
    This lad's a joke. Obviously he's strong

Really? I think it's interesting that you can you call him a joke and then follow that up directly with saying he's obviously strong. He handles the weights with ease, his form is textbook terrible but maybe he's not doing the lifts we expect him to be doing.

If a man was given a room full of bars and plate and (go forbid) no access to elitefts or starting strength what would he do to get strong?

He's a fat mess, I wouldn't look to emulate him personally but I think it's interesting how easily people will instantly dismiss him. Did anyone see the 220kg box squats that were about parrallel?

The reason I thought it would be worth discussion is that his strength and apparent form are so juxtaposed it's interesting to see people's reactions.

Is it a case of "If you want our respect you better get strong on our terms"?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

kevpants wrote: »
    Really? I think it's interesting that you can you call him a joke and then follow that up directly with saying he's obviously strong. He handles the weights with ease, his form is textbook terrible but maybe he's not doing the lifts we expect him to be doing.

If a man was given a room full of bars and plate and (go forbid) no access to elitefts or starting strength what would he do to get strong?

He's a fat mess, I wouldn't look to emulate him personally but I think it's interesting how easily people will instantly dismiss him. Did anyone see the 220kg box squats that were about parrallel?

The reason I thought it would be worth discussion is that his strength and apparent form are so juxtaposed it's interesting to see people's reactions.

Is it a case of "If you want our respect you better get strong on our terms"?

I think he is impressively strong. Very much so. Like others have said most of his form is atrocious, but you cant deny he has some serious brute power. His 140kg muscle cleans are pretty indicative of his strength. His deadlift form is like nothing I've ever seen but to me actually looks harder than an actual deadlift. I can't imagine pulling anything even vaguely heavy in that position. All in all, a very strange man, but undoubtedly strong. Calling him a joke is a but rash most certainly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pavel66 wrote: »
    I watched squat 15 x 240kg and couldn't watch any more - it was a joke! Why are we discussing this :confused:

At that rep range, it's probably a supplemtental exercise to improve his actual squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Grizzly is a beast- love his ****.

Lad has serious muscle underneath.

Day his CNS can handle a tonne!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

I still stand by what I said about the 15 x 240 squat video. As this was the only one I watched, maybe I should go back and give the guy another chance.

I should have known it was a trap, damn it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I only watch two videos, so need to view a few more later.
    But the form issues I seen were probably holding him back, rather than cheating the lifts. With "legitimate" form he could prob increase his lifts

Advertisement