Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc shock/contact wiring

Options
  • 15-02-2014 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,i have recently purchased a hkc 1070 panel for my own house.The house is pre wired with some windows wired in 6 core straight to the panel and in other rooms 2 or 3 windows are looped.I got the hkc combined shock and contact sensors and am just wondering what is the normal way of wiring these.Can the shock and contact be wired in series?will a contact work ok in a zone programmed a shock zone as there are gross and pulse settings on the zone.could some body explain how to wire 1 of these sensors on one 6 core to one zone in the panel and with one 6 core looped to 3 of these sensors then back to the panel.Also one 6 core comes from the panel to a pir and is then looped to the shock/contact sensor,sorry about all the questions,thanks John

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The shocks & contacts can be wired in series. Contacts will work fine on an analysed zone. Set gross & pulse to 4-4 or 5-5
    When looped you wire all the contacts & sensors in series on one pair & all the tampers in series on another pair. Those in turn connect to zone & tamper terminals for each zone in the panel.

Advertisement