Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC price increases

Options
  • 15-02-2014 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I downgraded my UPC TV and broadband package in mid January as their bills were getting too high for my usage. I assume that in doing so I am now in another 12 month contract with them. Today I received a letter to say that they are now upping this package by €11 a month! To put that in context, the drop in package was saving me €12.50 so I'm no better off at all...

I'm fuming, as you can imagine, I read on another UPC post here that I can provide notice to cancel, or otherwise withdraw from any agreement within 30 days of a price increase being announced? Before I ring them in anger I'd like to get anyone's opinion that's in a similar boat and to see what my options are. Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

If you read to the bottom of the letter it does say that you can downgrade or cancel your contract without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You can cancel it within 30 days of receiving the notice. Call them up and they will offer you incentive to stay. Some people have been getting half price service for 12 months.

Worth reading

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057131675

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bookman

UPC: Reps wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    None of these codes work - I still have a substandard item from UPC ! A sub standard remote - I thought the joy of upgrading my UPC package was to avoid things like this !
    Now to make things even worse I get a letter to tell me that my package is to be increased by €11 ! ! What a ******* joke !
    What does your company think they are at !

30 days to cancel a contract - one I haven't even signed !
    If things aren't rectified , then I will be exploring that cancellation !

And the possibly someone might wake up in your company and realise how to treat existing customers ! ! And not constantly penalise them !

Hi,

Apologies for the issues experienced. We would recommend calling our Tech Support Team on 1908 regarding this. They will be able to complete troubleshooting in real time and are available daily till 9pm.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hello , yet again ! ! !

What the hell is going on in UPC ! !

I still have problems with UPC

1 - remote does not work As it should despite numerous call to customer care, email to UPC and messages on "boards"

2 - despite having to install horizon myself, I got charged an "assistance" charge of €20 !
    I called customer care and told it would be sorted- it wasn't, I also emailed UPC and got no reply - 2 weeks ago ! !

UPC do not care about existing customers - their only interest is increasing new customer base so that they can number crunch the figures with sky And eircom !

Curry offering €100 voucher and also €35 per month for the same package for new customers that I was"upgraded " to ! !

The joys of spending 10years with the one company and over €12,000 to them ! !

What are you going to do for me ! N

To start I want a new remote , that works !
    Or a new box that works with a remote

The channel selection is pure crap ! Not worth the money at all

Your customer service is deplorable ! !

After 10 years you now realise the channel selection is crap? Who has a better one for the same money?

Regarding your remote - are you trying to pair with a TV?

Five Lamps wrote: »
    After 10 years you now realise the channel selection is crap? Who has a better one for the same money?

Regarding your remote - are you trying to pair with a TV?

I mistakenly thought that there might be something good on the new channels !

Trying to pair remote with tv - upc can't even help with that - have me around 30 codes for it - still remote not functioning properly !

• Advertisement

Still waiting ! ! All the upc people can do is send a link to the piece I have read and tried 20 times ! !

Still no joy ! !

And still being charged full price 5 weeks later for a service that I can't control ! !

Bookman wrote: »
    Still waiting ! ! All the upc people can do is send a link to the piece I have read and tried 20 times ! !

Still no joy ! !

And still being charged full price 5 weeks later for a service that I can't control ! !

But the remote works perfectly with the UPC set top box?

If so, that's where their obligation ends.

Pairing with your TV set is more of a useful 'plus' rather than a core service offering. Perhaps you should call your TV manufacturer instead?

Pairing didn't work well with my last UPC box. Works fine with Horizon, probably because I have a Samsung TV. Didn't even have to enter a code.

Advertisement