Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nifty spot grabone.ie

• 15-02-2014 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

I purchased a 2 metre cable from grabone.ie for €2 I thought it was great value. Yesterday i finally received it after one month. The company is English niftyspot.uk. £24 on there website without coupon haha.anyway received the charger cable within 1 hour I smelled burning and heard a weird squilling noise. I grabbed my ipad and it was burning hot. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it said this charger may not be used with this ipad. I plugged in my old charger and it wouldn't work either which never happened before.unplugged it and the bottom of my ipad had a burning smell from it. And still it won't charge. On the package it said it was posted from Taiwan not England. My ipad is completely dead won't charge at all. Ipad cost me €720 charger lead cost me €2 from grabone. Please do not trust this company as it is a scam. Waste of money please believe me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Nifty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ouch, I'd be pursuing grab one for the repair costs
    They are always letting companies dropship rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Bought the 2 or 3 metre lead off this crowd last year. Lasted maybe a week. Haven't bought since.

Same, bought the 2m cable, lasted about three chargers. Avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ouch, sorry to say this OP but you got bit in the ass trying to save 17 euro (official cable = 19 - 2(dodgy cable)). an expensive lesson but hopefully one you won't make again.

hopefully others can learn from your mistake too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bm46

I have bought these chargers for iPad and some for android phones. At 2 euro thought they couldn't go wrong. One broke, after someone tripped up on it, but all the others are fine. Admittedly there was no burning problems. But I have been happy with the products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Ipad cost me €720 charger lead cost me €2 from grabone. Please do not trust this company as it is a scam. Waste of money please believe me

No offence .. but why would you risk a €720 high quality device just to save a few quid ? I find this totally baffling ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I bought a 3m lightning cable off groupon. It didn't even charge the phone and at 12 euro I thought it would be decent. USB extension is the best job for longer cables!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

You can get 3M iWantIt cables in Currys for €20 that are Apple supported. Have one myself since November and has been working fine.

Advertisement