Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Hurls on Domestic Flights

Options
  • 15-02-2014 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm travelling from Sydney to Melbourne next week and will be bringing hurls with me. Does anyone if these are put straight through or if they have to be put through as sports equipment? With Tiger airlines, putting them through as sports equipment would add an extra $120 to the round trip.

Does anyone have any idea? Plus, what the be the best & fairly priced airline to try and book with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I'm travelling from Sydney to Melbourne next week and will be bringing hurls with me. Does anyone if these are put straight through or if they have to be put through as sports equipment? With Tiger airlines, putting them through as sports equipment would add an extra $120 to the round trip.

Does anyone have any idea? Plus, what the be the best & fairly priced airline to try and book with?

not sure about the baggage but when I'm flying domestic, I always use jetstar's price beat. It is the cheapest way to fly if you are looking to save money. you have to phone them and tell them you want them to beat another airlines price (it will usually end up being tiger). As long as the flights are to the same destination one way and close in time, they will beat the other airline's price by 10%. This is much cheaper than booking through jetstar's website directly by the way

now if you are thinking in terms of comfort.....that is another story (go with Virgin/Qantas)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

put them in a sports bag,i hope its checked luggage as they will not be allowed as carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you have an address, post them ahead of you. Way cheaper than Tigers fees.

Tiger are like the Ryanair of Australia. Cheap if you don't want to bring baggage etc…

Jetstar are reasonable and that price beat thing seems really good.

Advertisement