Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between paying with PayPal Balance vs Debit Card vs Bank Account?

• 15-02-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭

Hi.

What's the difference between paying with PayPal Balance vs Debit Card vs Bank Account?

I know you can move received money from your PP Balance to bank account (and vice versa) but as far as I know you can buy stuff without problems using just your Debit Card linked to PP.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

Anyone?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

i have credit card linked to pp. no problem shopping.
    i presume debit card would work in the same way.
    saves transferring between accounts.

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    i have credit card linked to pp. no problem shopping.
    i presume debit card would work in the same way.
    saves transferring between accounts.

Hi gerrykin22.

So having a PP balance above zero is only necessary if you don't have a credit/debit card and just a bank account?

From https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/popup/about-payment-methods

"When you make a payment, if you have not selected a Preferred Payment Method, PayPal will fund your transaction in this order:" ...

So if you have a zero PP balance it just goes down the list.

Advertisement