Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ulaan2015 Clifden to Mongolia and back in aid of Temple Street Children's Hospital

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

pleasesupport_zps034d6784.jpg

New poster, please share

Join Ireland Weather Network

serious3 and myself went to Spain for the MotoGP in Aragon. This is a very short video of our trip. I hope to do similar when on my next trip. The Russians have changed the entire visa system :eek:

93 days to go and the visa application is now in Dublin. All I can do now is wait and hope that recent events won't affect my application

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I hope you get sorted with the Visa.

P.C. wrote: »
    I hope you get sorted with the Visa.

So do I, just had to hand over another €60, the privilege of holding a UK passport :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

thecivvie wrote: »
    So do I, just had to hand over another €60, the privilege of holding a UK passport :eek:

Yes.
    Visas can cost, but it is for a good cause.

P.C. wrote: »
    Yes.
    Visas can cost, but it is for a good cause.

Very good cause, the total for the visa if almost €350 and then there is the insurance you have to have before you can apply. But I am looking forward to stepping, well riding, onto Russian soil. I have made a lot of contacts via Facebook, VK and other sites. In fact I could spend almost the whole 90 days in Russia lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Have you an overnight stop in Antwerp?

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Have you an overnight stop in Antwerp?

On the way out no, I have a stop in Aire-Sur-Lye (???) then heading for Bielefeld in Germany, where I am spending 2 days, my grandfather was a liberating medic of Bergen-Belsen.

Way back though Europe, nothing other than a visit to Romania is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

On the way out no, I have a stop in Aire-Sur-Lye (???) then heading for Bielefeld in Germany, where I am spending 2 days, my grandfather was a liberating medic of Bergen-Belsen.

Way back though Europe, nothing other than a visit to Romania is done
    Sur-la-lys I assume. Just saw you mentioned Antwerp in the op. There's a good chance I'll be living there in may. Would have met you for a pint!

• Advertisement

The original route was via Antwerp as I have a friend who lives there, but he is away so I altered it. Route has changed 3 or 4 times, especially when I discovered Georgia is visa free :). I am still considering getting to Antwerp on the way home but that is some date in July :)

Email from Agency to say that my passport will be in the post on Friday. So hopefully see a visa on Monday.

I have been invited down to the Altay region for a couple of days to help at a dog rescue centre, will I ever get back to Ireland lol

70 Days and we have green for go. Visa granted and on the way back to me. Remember this is raising funds for Temple Street Children's Hospital

I want to thank whoever forwarded info about Ulaan2015 to Mag Ireland. I truly appreciate it. In fact I got the Feb issue of Road Runner but hadn't read it until someone told me that there was a bit on the ride in it. I know it was a boards.ie member as there is a link to this thread. Again thank you so much

Feb 2015 Road Runner

2 months today, and I will be heading off on my wee trip. Remember this is to help raise funds for Temple Street Children's Hospital. Every donation via the idonate page and cards go direct to Temple Street. The trip is self funded

http://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/12794_ulaan2015.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭rock22

2 months today, and I will be heading off on my wee trip. Remember this is to help raise funds for Temple Street Children's Hospital. Every donation via the idonate page and cards go direct to Temple Street. The trip is self funded

http://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/12794_ulaan2015.htm

link is not working!

rock22 wrote: »
    link is not working!

L missing at the end. Should be

http://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/12794_ulaan2015.html

Down to 52 days and just about to order the chain and sprocket kit and some service bits.

Have a pillion
    IMG_3394.jpg

Who will be auctioned off on our return and the proceeds will goto Temple Street also

Local newspaper has done a lovely write up of the trip. Really delighted how it came out.

Screenshot%202015-03-16%2023.19.23_zpsnhvuixnk.png

A new website Motortourer.com did a piece on the trip. http://my.motortourer.com/#news-101, you can view the piece but need to join to comment

serious3 will take over this thread once I leave to

Also the blog http://www.ulaan2015.com and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ulaan2015 have locations of sponsorship cards, mainly Galway county and 32 days to go :)

• Advertisement

Was interviewed last night by a local radio station. Went well

1 month to go. packing, repacking and packing again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pirzig

Good Luck with it all Sean. I am interested in the Bike and the preparations undertaken as I have been in Africa and South America on my Pan. All went well for me with no problems but your undertaking has a greater level of exposure to any of my trips.

I will follow your progress and indeed contribute to the cause. Hope all goes swimmingly...

Pirzig wrote: »
    Good Luck with it all Sean. I am interested in the Bike and the preparations undertaken as I have been in Africa and South America on my Pan. All went well for me with no problems but your undertaking has a greater level of exposure to any of my trips.

I will follow your progress and indeed contribute to the cause. Hope all goes swimmingly...

I was originally planning to do it on a Pan but went with a Varadero instead, suits my style of riding. I may tax your brain when I get back, I am seriously thinking of the Pan American when I get to 60 :) Have to give myself a holiday :eek:

My mate serious3 will update the thread as I travel and I hope to log in once in awhile also

Oh and 25 days to go :)

2 weeks left and the bike gets serviced this weekend. New C&S, oil, filters the works, be like riding a new bike :)
    http://www.ulaan2015.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

We should organise a ride-out from Dublin to Galway/Cliffton on your safe return, can you just make sure you arrive on a Saturday or Sunday :)

We should organise a ride-out from Dublin to Galway/Cliffton on your safe return, can you just make sure you arrive on a Saturday or Sunday :)

I am trying to plan to be back on the Saturday or Sunday (11th or 18th July) but cannot guarantee it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not to far till d-day. Think the most important thing for a trip like this is a really really comfortable saddle

Cienciano wrote: »
    Not to far till d-day. Think the most important thing for a trip like this is a really really comfortable saddle

The Varadero has a lovely stock seat. Never really had many problems on it. Slowly getting ready. Just organising the tank bag and a small roll bag though may go with a tail bag

7 days, bike is packed, serviced and cleaned. Route programmed into GPS and all devices updated.

Blog Page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

ok lads tommorrow is the day sean leaves for mongolia, we'll be in centra/topaz in killbeggan around 3pm tommorrow if anyone wants to join us for a spin to temple street

Advertisement