Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car insurance Bargain - NoNonsense

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Yep I'm aware of that sorry I should have clarified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

123.is was with them thried party and got renewal and it went from 340 to 420E, checked online did a nrew quote and got fully comp WITH THE SAME !@#>IE for 255E !!! go figure, I think they just take everyone for a fool and i;d assume most people dont bother checking else where.
    A friend wasin the same boat come renewal time and rang up and the guy on the phone was like err there must be some error, and premium adjust review etc, then knowck 100 off renewal straight away.

Cowboys ted, all of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Insureforless - part of IFG group

05 1.4 Seat Ibiza - my spouse and me as a named driver - Full Comp with all the usual stuff - €245 - granted we are both in our 50's so maybe that accounts for the low cost.

BTW they were the cheapest of them all - No Nonsense included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't think this is a bargain alert at all. Different insurers aim at different markets. That is why people will get different quotes depending on their own demographics.

I know my own insurer were the cheapest for me yet one of the most expensive when I was getting a quote for a friend's father online.

The best advice is to shop around and try all companies at renewal. Use a broker search engine like AA or Chill to narrow all the options down and then get individual quotes from the cheapest 3 or 4 off their websites.

It is key to watch out for benefits also. For example, some insurers will effect your No Claims Bonus for a theft or malicious damage claim. Others will not. Some will step back your No Claims Bonus for a claim, others will wipe it completely. Some offer No Claims Bonus protection, others don't.

Going with the cheapest is not always the best route. Unfortunately, most people only find that out in their time of need at a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭opus

Liberty decided to jack up my insurance by €90+ this year (€283 -> €375) for a '05 Honda Civic. Nononsense was the cheapest I found at €278 so happy with that.

When Liberty called me asking why I hadn't renewed I skipped their offer 'to take a look' at my quote and just told them I was moving as fed up of playing that game every year!

Advertisement