Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help section for website

Options
  • 15-02-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have developed a lot of tutorial videos and screen shots for our software, and and they're hosted on YouTube.

I'm looking for a company that provides a quick and easy way for me to create a help site where I can easily add and update tutorials or "how to" guides.

Sending users to YouTube is not ideal...

Thanks for any recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Several options apart from youtube for hosting tutorials etc for example,
    on your own hosting
    vimeo
    amazon s3
    If you want some of content to be for members only you can restrict access to logged in clients only.
    You can also make it that only your website shows the tutorial.

Have your own youtube channel for promotional tutorials etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Avantech

I have developed a lot of tutorial videos and screen shots for our software, and and they're hosted on YouTube.

I'm looking for a company that provides a quick and easy way for me to create a help site where I can easily add and update tutorials or "how to" guides.

Sending users to YouTube is not ideal...

Thanks for any recommendations!

Hi torneopal.com

Are you looking for a company to do the website for you or are you just looking for a company that will let you do it yourself?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If you already have the website, there are plenty of commercial video hosting services where you can upload your videos and embed them in your site.

Wistia.com dmcloud.net are two examples off the top of my head.

The downside of course is because there's no advertising, you'll have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TorneoPal.com

Cheers lads for the advice. For anyone else thinking of doing the same, I decided to go with a wiki.

I'm using Zoho wiki which seems to be working out very well so far!

Videos are on YouTube but the wiki gives a good way to tag, categorise the tutorials and also add text...

Advertisement