Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One problem

• 15-02-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a problem. My xbox one will connect to my internet fine but after about 30-60 minutes it randomly disconnects and reconnects. My nat is open and all ports have been forwarded on my upc horizon box. Anyone have any idea what I can do??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i have the same problem with my horizon box..its so annoying watching netflix and it disconnects

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DShiv wrote: »
    I have a problem. My xbox one will connect to my internet fine but after about 30-60 minutes it randomly disconnects and reconnects. My nat is open and all ports have been forwarded on my upc horizon box. Anyone have any idea what I can do??

I had to get another router and plug it into one of the LAN ports to act as a wireless access point because the Horizon box keeps dropping its wifi. Is your xbox wired into the HBOX or are you using Wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭cml387

Pound to a penny it's the Horizon box rather than the XBOX.
    Look at the UPC forum for the tale of woe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rossbop

someone suggested to use this http://192.168.192.1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DShiv

Im on wifi I get 3 bars of signal to the box its in the room next to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Keep on to UPC about the issue, they will eventually send out another router that will work along side your horizon box and don't entertain their charge of 40 something euro for sending out this extra router. Its not an acceptable charge since the Wifi is crap on the horizon box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Had the exact same problem. Live would routinely drop every 20-30 mins. Only solution was to get a free wifi box off them. Perfect ever since.

Be prepared to pull your hair out btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Just had this problem too. We got the second router off them in the end

Advertisement