Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Improv group?

Options
  • 15-02-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am just wondering if there is a comedy improv group in Galway, that either preform or people can get involved in? Any info on this or on open mic comedy nights that people could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

not sure if its still on but busker on sunday nights

being there twice
    defo amateurs
    they need help they are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

The Sky Babies!! They're an improve troop that meet once a month in the Townhouse Bar at the Spanish Arch. This is their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSkyBabies

And some of the same folk do Moth & Butterfly storytelling

https://www.facebook.com/mothandbutterflystories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP PM me your email address and I will put you in touch with a couple of options of people that run workshops.
    As Greaney mentioned there's The Sky Babies who perform semi regularly but are not an open group. However they formed from a bunch of people that meet and do improv regularly.
    There's also a group that are a spin off of Dramsoc that meet regularly. The improv and stand up communities are totally different things but sometimes there is an overlap of people who do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Greaney wrote: »
    The Sky Babies!! They're an improve troop that meet once a month in the Townhouse Bar at the Spanish Arch.

Isn't the Town House closed because of flood damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Eeden wrote: »
    Isn't the Town House closed because of flood damage?

Yup. Until April I believe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement