Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC parking permit

Options
  • 15-02-2014 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I just last week moved into rental accommodation (house) in Donnybrook. It is pay-and-display/permit parking outside the house, and so I'm now trying to sort out getting a permit from DCC.

I've read the form and requirements on their website, and it seems very excessive to me. I need:
    • 2x proofs of address (bills, bank statements, etc.)
    • Car insurance certificate showing the new address
    • Copy of driving license
    • 50 quid

This means that I have to get the insurance company and bank to change my address and post out new statements/certs, and I also have to get bills in my name and wait to receive them (could be a month).

This seems like a crazy and impractical system to me. I'm sure others have gone through it before, so I'm wondering is there some way around it? e.g. my name is on the lease agreement, would they accept this? How strict are they on the requirements?

I'm inclined to start Photoshopping some of my current bills rather than go through this nightmare!

Also, I believe there are some temporary things that they can give you while the application is being processed; what's the best way to get these?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Dave! wrote: »
    This means that I have to get the insurance company and bank to change my address and post out new statements/certs, and I also have to get bills in my name and wait to receive them (could be a month).

Whatever about the rest, I'd imagine that failing to notify your insurance company about a change of address could lead to problems down the line.

They definitely did accept a lease as POA in the past but it seems to be gone from the website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hi guys,

I just last week moved into rental accommodation (house) in Donnybrook. It is pay-and-display/permit parking outside the house, and so I'm now trying to sort out getting a permit from DCC.

I've read the form and requirements on their website, and it seems very excessive to me. I need:
    • 50 quid

This seems like a crazy and impractical system to me. I'm sure others have gone through it before, so I'm wondering is there some way around it? e.g. my name is on the lease agreement, would they accept this? How strict are they on the requirements?

I'm inclined to start Photoshopping some of my current bills rather than go through this nightmare!

Also, I believe there are some temporary things that they can give you while the application is being processed; what's the best way to get these?

Thanks!

You can purchase daily parking cards for 1:20 I think. If you plan on staying putt for a few years the parking permit is worth it's weight in gold...It's also non transferable as your reg and car details are on it.

PS, The daily permits are like a scratch card that you just scratch date/day/time etc, brilliant to have a few knocking around for visitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Hi guys,

• 50 quid

Thanks!

How is it excessive? They are trying to prevent people from claiming they live at a certain address and getting a parking permit for that area despite not living there. There is only so much on street parking available and DCC are making sure only residents get it.

Ireland is a country where a majority of people are owner occupiers and in DCC areas nearly all car owners own their own home. DCC guidelines are very tenant friendly, but its something you only have to do every couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Why is it excessive to get the bank and insurance company to change your address, if you do actually have a new address? Wouldn't you be telling them to do that anyway, whether you need a parking permit or not? You have to notify your car insurance company if you move. It is insurance fraud if you don't. It shouldn't take a month to get new bank statements. I'd say if you gave them a ring, they'd have them out to you pretty sharpish.

Their requests don't seem excessive to me? They have to have some sort of system in place to prevent people who don't live there from acquiring parking permits.

Advertisement