Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax back on tarmac

Options
  • 15-02-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just about to start pricing tarmac. Just wondering does it qualify for the new home improvement tax back scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

km79 wrote: »
    Just about to start pricing tarmac. Just wondering does it qualify for the new home improvement tax back scheme?

It does indeed, driveways and landscaping are included, just make sure the contractors are registered with the revenue HRI scheme be registered for VAT and have a current up to date tax clearance.
    You cannot claim the cash back until 2015
    Any problems or further questions drop me a PM..
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.citizensinformation.ie%2Fen%2Fhousing%2Fhousing_grants_and_schemes%2Fhome_renovation_incentive.html&ei=Ynj_UsPxDc2y7Aa2woDoDA&usg=AFQjCNERTqJ0UgoSAZRrCkzS1jBR6kyb0A&sig2=LS0swJFFR49of6QZPbQi5A&bvm=bv.61535280,d.ZGU

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Sorry for hijacking the thread but can you claim this credit if you are getting Tarmac for a new build if you wait until you're living in the house to get it or is there a certain length of time you need to be living in the house to be eligible for it?

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but can you claim this credit if you are getting Tarmac for a new build if you wait until you're living in the house to get it or is there a certain length of time you need to be living in the house to be eligible for it?

New Builds dont qualify sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks for earlier reply. I think what the other poster is asking is something a friend of mine asked me earlier when discussing this. He built a new house last year. He has now moved in . so is he now an owner occupier rather than new build ?

Thanks for the replies, ya I was asking is it still considered a new build if you've moved in. However I was doing a bit of 'googling' since my last post and it seems that you are exempt from LPT on a new build until 2017 but you need to be up to date on your LPT to claim this credit so for that reason you probably can't get the credit.

• Advertisement

As it says its not for new builds, and you must be paying the Local property tax.
    Any residential property built by its owner after 1 May 2013 and before 1 November 2016, will not be liable for LPT until 2017.

At least we'll save on not having to pay LPT til 2017 ;-)

Advertisement