Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with installing asus n900 router to improve wifi signal

Options
  • 15-02-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi have bee experiencing weak wi within my house so have decided to try and do something about it but I need help.

Currently using an eircom Motorola router/modem I want to connect. -
    Asus rt-n66u to it and use the asus to broadcast the wifi signal through the house,

Will that work?

If it does can someone tell me how to do it step by step.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You will need to put the Motorola into bridge mode and also set up pppoe settings in the Asus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tag1

Thanks my problem is I don't know how to do that. Any help would be apericated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Don't need to do bridge mode. Just get powerline network adapters to connect the two routers together. Put the second router in a central location, disable dhcp on one of the routers. If this is too complicated then get an engineer to visit.

See the many many other threads here on this same topic.

Advertisement