Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Coke in Cork?

Options
  • 15-02-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I read that they have brought back Cherry Coke recently. I have never actually tried it but would like to. Anyone know where I could pick up some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

angeline wrote: »
    I read that they have brought back Cherry Coke recently. I have never actually tried it but would like to. Anyone know where I could pick up some?

Seems to be absolutely everywhere. Even the small country petrol station by us has it. Specifically, I can tell you I picked up a bottle by accident in Tesco Wilton half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Seems to be absolutely everywhere. Even the small country petrol station by us has it. Specifically, I can tell you I picked up a bottle by accident in Tesco Wilton half an hour ago.

Cheers. I will be heading to Wilton SC shortly. Haven't seen it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Apparently it's allover the northside, 50 a gramme I think, supposed to give ya an awful horn!

Apparently it's allover the northside, 50 a gramme I think, supposed to give ya an awful horn!

I've looked for it in every shop I've been in but no sign so far. Will pick it up in Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

Are u trying to bamboozle me angeline?? (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Dealz on Grand Parade has loads of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

tis rank stuff like drinking perfume.. It used to be in the Topaz by Victoria Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I get a few cans of cherry coke anytime we're visiting the in-laws in germany. Lovely stuff in small, properly chilled quantities. Must keep an eye out for it..

Just picked up a few bottles in Tesco in Wilton. Saw it in Supervalu as well. Just a novelty for me like the tayto bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Think it's 3 or 4 cans for €1.49 in Dealz on Daunt Square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

they have the bottles in Centra Ballyphehane

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I don't live in Cork, but here in Dublin, you can usually find it in pretty much every Boots, Superdrug and Dealz. If you're lucky, sometimes Boots and Superdrug even have vanilla Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They have Superdrug in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

They have Superdrug in Dublin??
    There's at least one, in Tallaght. I believe I've definitely seen more though, can't remember exactly where, but I think there could be one in Liffey Valley too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

If I can just advise you to buy it in a can and chill it before drinking. Its much better from the can than the bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

The_Sub wrote: »
    Dealz on Grand Parade has loads of it.

He stands next to the fountain !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Bookstation in Douglas Village SC and Blackpool SC have it. 5 cans for 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's one for you, Cherry coke isn't really cherry flavoured, it's almond flavoured.

If you want to make your own, get some regular coke and an almond liqueur like Disaronno. It's very tasty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Boots have stocked it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Its lovely, really really nice

• Advertisement

they have the bottles in Centra Ballyphehane

Centra up by the park?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Here's one for you, Cherry coke isn't really cherry flavoured, it's almond flavoured.

If you want to make your own, get some regular coke and an almond liqueur like Disaronno. It's very tasty :)

Well, I love anything almond flavoured so it bodes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Boots also have the Coca Cola Vanilla which is worth a try

Mmm...might try the vanilla coke too while I'm at it, never knew Boots sold soft drinks.

Mmm...might try the vanilla coke too while I'm at it, never knew Boots sold soft drinks.

Nice also

macker33 wrote: »
    Centra up by the park?

yup

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Boots have stocked it for years.

Boots, Dealz and euro shops import their soft drinks from GB where Cherry, Vanilla coke were never taken off the market. It's why you can also get Tango there and you can buy Boost instead Moro bars in boots.

The Irish arm of Coke recently brought back Cherry flavour, hence the advertising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Yeah, GB coke tastes slightly different too. I find it's a bit sweeter (which I don't like).

I actually find US Coke undrinkable as it's sweetened with corn syrup instead of regular sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Spar shops have started stocking cans & bottles of Cherry Coke too. Interesting about the almond flavour, although I reckon there's about as much almond in there as cherries, i.e. none.

• Advertisement

I'm not obsessed with Coca Cola but is Dr Pepper the same as Cherry Coke does anyone know?! Got a bottle this morning and can't make out the taste. All the bottle says is fruit flavour...

Advertisement