Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish pre pay mobile plan for expat?

Options
  • 15-02-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all

Also posted this in the mobiles forum but thought ye might have some good advice

So I live in the US and get home to Ireland once, maybe twice a year. When I'm in the US I turn my phone on once a month just to check messages. Currently I'm with meteor and they are locking my account when I don't top up regularly. What would be a good plan for me to switch to?

I want to not have to top every month and I don't want to have the phone account lock when it hasn't been topped up every few weeks. My wife has an O2 prepay that does this but she's been on the same plan for years, all the plans I see on the O2 website seem to require a minimum payment every month.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I have a prepay phone with O2. I use it it give friends and family when they are visiting from the US. It gets topped up by a tenner or so a couple of times a year and it works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I have a prepay phone with O2. I use it it give friends and family when they are visiting from the US. It gets topped up by a tenner or so a couple of times a year and it works just fine.

O2 only require you to use your phone once every 3 months, this is what I've been doing for the past few years. I only topup when I'm at home so there is usually a year or more between topups but I'll send a text with it every month or two to keep it alive. Only keep it so I have the number when I'm at home, anyone from home who wants to text me just uses my US number or Whatsapp.

Advertisement