Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Chelsea, k/o 5.15pm ITV

• 15-02-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Teams are,

City : Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Toure, Milner, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

Subs: Hart, Richards, Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Negredo, Nasri

Chelsea : Cech (c); Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Eto'o

Subs : Schwarzer, Cole, Lampard, Salah, Schürrle, Oscar, Torres

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Draw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Draw for me.

Could be but hope not could do without the extra game. I wonder if City were playing anyone else would they have put out such a strong side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If either side had an "easier" side both could probably play weakened XI's

I dont expect much from this game but we've less changes from the game when we beat them.

I'm going to say a 2-1 Chelsea win but if we get k/o'd it wouldnt be the end of the world, once it wasnt a drubbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Draw please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Could be but hope not could do without the extra game. I wonder if City were playing anyone else would they have put out such a strong side?

It's not that strong a side. Resting our first choice goalkeeper, centre back, right winger and striker.

Pretty strong Chelsea side though. I'm really interested to see how they line up because if we play like we did against Chelsea last time they will destrroy us on the counter attack again.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Draw please.

Both squads are big enough to deal with an extra game, while it wouldnt be ideal, both teams will expect and be ready to play close to 50 games a season given the UCL and domestic cups.

It's not that strong a side. Resting our first choice goalkeeper, centre back, right winger and striker.

Pretty strong Chelsea side though. I'm really interested to see how they line up because if we play like we did against Chelsea last time they will destrroy us on the counter attack again.

I dont think either set of fans are overly concerned with the game, at this stage of the season a trip to Wembley would be nice but I'd rather win the league, I imagine City fans are saying the same but both managers have played strong teams.

I dont think it will be as tight as the league game so anything can happen this afternoon, looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Both squads are big enough to deal with an extra game, while it wouldnt be ideal, both teams will expect and be ready to play close to 50 games a season given the UCL and domestic cups.

Every extra game ewes plays is better for Liverpool.

Well we have Mikel & Eto'o at least ye have 11 players :-).

Difficult to say who is first choice City keeper in reality and all of your strikers are orders of magnitude better than ours. Looking forward to this could really go either way.

mike65 wrote: »

And Arsenal, unless ye draw in which case it kinda cancels it out.

So for me, Chelsea loss and Arsenal/Liverpool draw :D

• Advertisement

Demichelis not starting today is a real let down for us, was hoping to see him out there again.

I dont think either set of fans are overly concerned with the game, at this stage of the season a trip to Wembley would be nice but I'd rather win the league, I imagine City fans are saying the same but both managers have played strong teams.

I dont think it will be as tight as the league game so anything can happen this afternoon, looking forward to it.

Ya true. Would be nice to see Pellegrini get the better of Mourinho once this season though.

Well we have Mikel & Eto'o at least ye have 11 players :-).

Difficult to say who is first choice City keeper in reality and all of your strikers are orders of magnitude better than ours. Looking forward to this could really go either way.

Hart is first choice by a mile. Do ye not rate Eto'o at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Well feck it I am concerned with the outcome, yeah I want the league but I want the FA cup as well one of the greatest cups in the world.

Ya true. Would be nice to see Pellegrini get the better of Mourinho once this season though.

It would be fun to watch Joses reaction all right and whatever quotes would come out of it.

I said it in the Chelsea thread, I'd take the 6 points in the league if we lost in the cup, that was prior to playing ye a few Mondays ago, that hasnt changed really, I'd love to win today but after the league win there recently I cant see it happening IMO.

No not really I think the time in Russia or where ever it was he was he lost his sharpness. He was an absolutely fantastic player in his day but whilst I think he try's he has lost the sharpness he once had.

Is Hart that much better, not seen much of the other lad but Hart does seem to have one biggish mistake per game - excellent shot stopper though.

Eto'o hasnt scored away from home in any competition yet, its a curse, our CFs score at home, although not reguarly but away they just cant do the business.

Eto'o is getting back a bit of what he had but we're still lacking a good CF that we can rely on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

?????????????? this is surely sarcasm. surely even lfc fans dont think theyll win a league for a long time? top four might be possible this year but when united spend in summer theyll be back to normal. (5th at best)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Surprised Mikel starting .. hope for a Chelsea win.

fozz10 wrote: »
    ?????????????? this is surely sarcasm. surely even lfc fans dont think theyll win a league for a long time? top four might be possible this year but when united spend in summer theyll be back to normal. (5th at best)

Utd will have to spend about 100million to get back a top 4 spot.

anyway with Suarez staying with UCL football they'll build next year and add more quality on the back of the UCL revenue, Liverpool will be hard to dislodge next year and I wouldnt rule them out this year if suarez/Sturridge stay injury free until May.

anyway, c'mon chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi ho! Every game is a game when a knock or card can be picked up, Liverpool host City a replay might just offer Liverpool an advantage at the right moment. Ditto Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Utter nonsense from Keane, completely disregarding the question, and what Mourinho actually said.

greendom wrote: »
    Utter nonsense from Keane, completely disregarding the question, and what Mourinho actually said.

Not watching it yet, what was said?

Wenger/Jose i assume?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Who are united buying in the summer?

Who do they need, a CB, LB, CMx2 and maybe a CF.

If its quality they want they'll have to spend big-ish on them, it not going to be cheap for Utd to rebuild.

Not watching it yet, what was said?

Wenger/Jose i assume?

That Mourinho backs up what he says. He says he will win and he does.

Mourinho actually said that Chelsea were a little horse that needed milk !

Some difference!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Don't rate him as a pundit. Indeed, ITV's football coverage is poor. At least the FA Cup is back on the Beeb next season. Anyway, back to the match. I have a feeling that Chelsea might do us again. Kun and Fern out are major absentees for us.

so i was wrong then. They do think it.

so i was wrong then. They do think it.

Is that your answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Who do they need, a CB, LB, CMx2 and maybe a CF.And a manager.
    If its quality they want they'll have to spend big-ish on them, it not going to be cheap for Utd to rebuild.

Fixed.

That Mourinho backs up what he says. He says he will win and he does.

Mourinho actually said that Chelsea were a little horse that needed milk !

Some difference!!

Did you expect Keane to say anything positive about Arsenal, they were his arch nemesis during his career for Utd.

Im surprised he didnt try and get the boot in against Liverpool in the mean time.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Fixed.

Cant argue with that, does any Utd fan think they'll replace Moyes after 1 season though?

I'll be ready to gloat if they do, mainly because we usually change managers every few weeks it'll make for a change when it isnt us doing the sacking.

Is that your answer?

yes.

Did you expect Keane to say anything positive about Arsenal, they were his arch nemesis during his career for Utd.

Im surprised he didnt try and get the boot in against Liverpool in the mean time.

Bang on the money ! It was Rodgers and Wenger he was denigrating while praising Mourihno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cant argue with that, does any Utd fan think they'll replace Moyes after 1 season though?

I'll be ready to gloat if they do, mainly because we usually change managers every few weeks it'll make for a change when it isnt us doing the sacking.

Bit of a difference though.

Ye sack managers who win Leagues and CL.

• Advertisement

yes.

So because you can't answer the question I asked, that somehow means Liverpool fans think they are going to win the league this season? That's quite a warped logic.

id take a draw and beat em at the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kompany was all business with that stare.

Bit of a difference though.

Ye sack managers who win Leagues and CL.

That is the difference, the next one ye sack wont have achieved any of that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Moyes wont go until the Glazers feel the pinch in their pockets. They wouldnt give a **** if Utd never won anything ever again as long as the money kept rolling in. Apologies for the off-topic.

• Advertisement

So because you can't answer the question I asked, that somehow means Liverpool fans think they are going to win the league this season? That's quite a warped logic.
    You asked me do I know who they are buying. even moyes dont know that answer so I certainly cant answer it.

Is it just me or does the pitch look in very bad condition?

You asked me do I know who they are buying. even moyes dont know that answer so I certainly cant answer it.

Yet you are certain that liverpool will finish 5th next season. It doesn't matter who United sign because Moyes will still be in charge and still be clueless.

Hardly surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Stuck in work anyone know what radio station I can find it on?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Anyone know the lyrics to city version of 'come on feel the noise' thats being sung?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No way city are losing this

weiland79 wrote: »
    Stuck in work anyone know what radio station I can find it on?

No idea, one of the AM ones I'd assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Get that on to Mourinho so he has an excuse if they lose.

No way city are losing this

5 mins in neither side dominating, any chance you have the lotto numbers too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement