Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery life iphone5s

• 15-02-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I'm unhappy with my battery life on my new phone compared to iPhone 4.
    Can I ask a simple question?
    Lets say I start streaming radio on low volume after a full charge? How long should i get before battery dies- assuming no browsing or phone calls during this period?
    Cheers
    niall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well its all relative isn't it - what apps are running in the background, locations services etc. You should at least get 4-5 hours imo.

You could reset the phone to factory settings and calibrate the battery. Remember to back up with iTunes, etc. first. Do you use any battery monitoring App such as App Doctor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

niall147 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm unhappy with my battery life on my new phone compared to iPhone 4.
    Can I ask a simple question?
    Lets say I start streaming radio on low volume after a full charge? How long should i get before battery dies- assuming no browsing or phone calls during this period?
    Cheers
    niall

Somedays in work I stream radio for three or four hours in the mornings over 3G with the tunein app at medium to high volume. It usually uses about 20-25% of my battery. That includes a little bit of browsing/emails as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

I tend to stream radio for 2.5-3 hours most days, and with no other browsing/calls, etc, it uses about 25-30% of my battery. And I'm careful about having apps running the background as well, so that 25-30% is with nothing else happening on the phone. I know others who seem to get better battery life from their phone than I do, so I think it seems to vary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Depends on lots of things like signal strength. Is it changing between 3G and EDGE? Wifi is much less power hungry than 3G. Have you got push or fetch for emails etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Have a look at these battery saving tips.

Tips 3, 4 & 10 have been especially helpful in saving battery with iOS 7 for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 niall147

I got 5 hours using wifi- I'm quite jealous of the people who say they get 3 hrs and only lose 30% which equates to about 10 hrs in total.
    I just find the battery on the new phone awful if I'm browsing /emailing etc. To be fair I was surprised the battery lasted 5 hrs with the radio streaming. I did heat that there wee some issues with some iPhone 5 batterie so not sure if this experiment proves that.
    nbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

niall147 wrote: »
    I got 5 hours using wifi- I'm quite jealous of the people who say they get 3 hrs and only lose 30% which equates to about 10 hrs in total.
    I just find the battery on the new phone awful if I'm browsing /emailing etc. To be fair I was surprised the battery lasted 5 hrs with the radio streaming. I did heat that there wee some issues with some iPhone 5 batterie so not sure if this experiment proves that.
    nbc

If you're jailbroken there's a nice little tweak called batterylife that will show you if your battery is in good condition or not. It might be worth trying out to see what results you get.

294388.jpg

Advertisement