Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8 Results

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Heck of a game in New Orleans as the Saints overcome the Colts 38-35 with a field goal with around 40 seconds to go.

The Colts raced out into a 7-0 lead on their first drive before the Saints responded on their first drive to tie the game. Cam threw two picks on the Colts next two drives as the Saints took a two-score lead, but the Colts responded with two scores of their own to tie the game up at 21-21 at the half.

Saints again took a two-score lead in the second half, but a quick fire TD from the Colts after they returned a kick off from deep in their own half to near enough the red zone and then Tyler Bray threw a pick inside his own 30 leveled things up at 35 a piece.

The Saints managed to get a good drive going and were faced with 4th and inches inside the red zone. I figured I'd have more chance of getting the 4th down than stopping the Colts, but after being unsure of the rules decided to kick the FG which gave the Colts a drive to win it. After a couple of nice passes it looked like they might get into field goal range at least, but Greer picked off Cam who was looking for Jackson down the right to end the game.

Very entertaining game, both QB's with 3 INT's (2 of mine in the red zone) and a lot of high octane offense. A couple of times I thought I had done enough but just couldn't stop the Colts offense. It's by far the best O I have faced this season. Thankfully I just came out on the right side of a game that truly could have gone either way.

Great game Rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah good game Paully, 2 dropped passes on 3rd downs by Fleener of all people and Allen who caught everything else given to him was a killer for me as you punished them with 2 TD's.

Graham was hard to stop and Turner where i set up twice with Bostic to cover him but he just ran by him. Dissapointed to lose as thats killed off what slim playoff chances i had, best of luck with the rest of the season.

Up next for the Colts.......Gronk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Beat CPU ravens, Webb is a great cornerback..foster however took the game by the scruff of the neck and won it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Beat CPU ravens, Webb is a great cornerback..foster however took the game by the scruff of the neck and won it for me!

Beat the CPU panthers easily. 28-3. My d continues to be excellent along with me special teams. I threw my first int of the season though :(. It was basically because it was so easy and I didn't give the game my full attention. Three times Andrew luck got injured and the commentators said it looked bad and he won't be able to continue but somehow he didn't miss a snap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Browns..
    Cagey affair but the browns go up 7, titans drive the field but throw a pick deep in the endzone.

Browns kick a FG and the titans have 1 minute to score.. they are in FG range but decide to pass.. but cant get a FG off in time
    HT and its 0-10 Browns

Then in the most annoying part of the game, i miss a certain pick 6 due to lag and its a browns TD

Justin Hunter.. Broken ribs

Titans on the 5 yard line at the start of the 4th..

I miss a snap due to lag :mad:
    Washington drops a pass in the end zone after a hit, FG Titans
    Ayers makes a pick..
    Mooney TD..
    3:05 with a TD in it..

Titans get a sack.. 3rd and 13.. at the 2 min warning..
    Browns get it.. then they complete a key first down.. Titans get the ball back with 50 seconds left.. no TOs..
    Titans go deep.. Haden picks it off and thats game..

Titans rue not kicking a FG and the end zone int..

Good game paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Titans @ Browns..
    Cagey affair but the browns go up 7, titans drive the field but throw a pick deep in the endzone.

Browns kick a FG and the titans have 1 minute to score.. they are in FG range but decide to pass.. but cant get a FG off in time
    HT and its 0-10 Browns

Then in the most annoying part of the game, i miss a certain pick 6 due to lag and its a browns TD

Justin Hunter.. Broken ribs

Titans on the 5 yard line at the start of the 4th..

I miss a snap due to lag :mad:
    Washington drops a pass in the end zone after a hit, FG Titans
    Ayers makes a pick..
    Mooney TD..
    3:05 with a TD in it..

Titans get a sack.. 3rd and 13.. at the 2 min warning..
    Browns get it.. then they complete a key first down.. Titans get the ball back with 50 seconds left.. no TOs..
    Titans go deep.. Haden picks it off and thats game..

Titans rue not kicking a FG and the end zone int..

Good game paddy

This pleases me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This pleases me

i thought it might, 2 bad decisions and crappy lag at 2 key points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Did the Disconnecting Texans get a clear run this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Eugh. Lost by ten. So annoying. Three fumbles basically cost me big time. Theoneadlum obviously has all his safeties and linebackers xp gone into big hitting abilities (not complaining), I think it is something that I need to look at.

Good game otherwise. First half I couldn't get to terms with your offence at all, second half I thought I did much better. Went in 21-7 at HT. I think if I didn't have the fumble in the 1st half, it would have been 14-7. Then again if I didn't fumble twice in the second half, I think it would have been a lot tighter, I still would have made you favourite to win but only by a late TD.

Well played and hopefully we meet in the playoffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Raoul wrote: »
    Eugh. Lost by ten. So annoying. Three fumbles basically cost me big time. Theoneadlum obviously has all his safeties and linebackers xp gone into big hitting abilities (not complaining), I think it is something that I need to look at.

Good game otherwise. First half I couldn't get to terms with your offence at all, second half I thought I did much better. Went in 21-7 at HT. I think if I didn't have the fumble in the 1st half, it would have been 14-7. Then again if I didn't fumble twice in the second half, I think it would have been a lot tighter, I still would have made you favourite to win but only by a late TD.

Well played and hopefully we meet in the playoffs :)

Wrong thread Raoul ;)

Advertisement