Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Tattoo - Concept/Artist/Details Help

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

So it looks like I'll be getting a new tattoo and wanted to get some opinions.

Current plan is to get an image of Batman standing in front of a mirror (dresser, whatever). This would be all black and white. Except we'd notice in the mirror that Batman is wearing joker face paint (colour) and around is various objects belonging to his rogue gallery, all in colour. Surrounding the whole thing will be various incarnations of Joker.

This'll be on the calf/leg/that whole region. I'm worried about the area not being big enough for the detail and also the curve throwing the whole thing off. Maybe it work better on the ribs.

Artist wise I'm thinking Rob Mulligan. He'll be good for the colour and should be good for the different styles that will in this piece.

Details wise, and this will be for the comic book fans, I'm thinking Riddler's cane, Hush's jacket, Ivy's orchid, Penguin's bottle (Is that full canon or too unknown). Joker wise I got Arkaham City, Serious House on a Serious Earth, Animated Series and All Star Batman and Robin. Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Chris at Wildcat Stephens Green would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

A friend of mine has some amazing work done by Kris in Wildcat. In fact he has received several awards for the piece in question. Would highly recommend you check it out in his portfolio and see for yourself.

524253_395796330431885_142046652_n.jpg
    250696_3194148831810_883587962_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Love the new joker from Death of the Family. Only saw the cover for the collection in easons the other day. Would have bought it, but the sleeve was torn and was the only copy left. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

+1 Kris in Wildcat. Anyone who's got a tattoo done their will tell you he's got loads of pictures of the Joker around his station!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to admit I haven't looked his portofolio properly but I have liked what I've seen. Must have a proper gander.

Haven't read that one Damo. must have a looky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That's my sleeve above. Kris is amazing. You should pop in and have chat with him, he puts some seriously cool ideas across when you talk with him.

Advertisement