Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for posting info on job opening.

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I was banned for listing an a job opening on the Tattoos & Piercings section. I did not mention the company name, nor any details relevant to the business, I simply thought that those who use the T&P site, in times of recession, would welcome knowledge of a job that may be open to the members.

Another moderator mentioned the business name, and I asked that they remove their post explaining in great detail that those details were not to be shown.

Then I was banned for promoting a business , which seems really unfair, to me, and to those who may be desperate for work.

I appreciate your help, as I have read and re-read the rules and cannot see where I went wrong.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Hi, and thank you for coming back to me so quickly. I did discuss this 2 moderators, initially I messaged the moderator who posted the name of my business. I explained that I had deleted all reference to my business from my signature etc, and asked that they delete their post that named my business, for obvious reasons.

I then wrote to another moderator and asked that they delete the post with my business details, but instead they banned me. I have since written to them a number of times but the said I should appeal the ban.

Sorry to bother you when you have family stuff going on, this is a petty situation, so take your time.

Many thanks

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Hi, and again thanks for coming back to me. As mentioned, I am still awaiting an activation code from Adverts.ie, and have written twice to support@adverts.ie asking when I might expect to receive it

As for the boards, its irrelevant, I found this whole episode quite stressful, and your accusations of "covering up" in bad taste, so I will do Deablo, and myself a favor, and stay away.

Again, thanks for looking into it, even if I do believe your moderator was overzealous, and wrong.

Brian

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement